so my marshall jcm900 had beat up black tolex when i got it, with white stars spraypainted here and there.. needless to say.. ugly! Now at the time I didn't have any money or know how about redoing amps so I looked for a quick fix. Colored duct tape.
(i dont have any pictures of the head in its original state sorry)

why maroon? I have no idea! looked cool to me.
it held up pretty well and looked surprisingly good.. from a short distance. after a while of pulling it in and out of a van for shows it got sorta beat up.

Then came the wise idea to recover it to match my orange 4x12(orange tolex with a tan faceplate) So I did some research, bought the tolex and after a couple days of work and help from some friends...

BOOM!(sorry for the big pictures..they really need to be big to appreciate!)
i wasnt about to spring 23 bucks for a whole yard of tan grille cloth just for the faceplate, so I settled and just painted it.
I need to put the corners back on and get a new vent but other than that its done!

THOUGHTS?
Last edited by attheian at Dec 7, 2009,
bumping arfter half an hour, i should not have to report you.

but im not gonna... but just dont do that again.
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
Looks nice!
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Hitler could have been aborted
thanks guys! its supposed to look like the 70s marshalls they put out with the orange levant tolex.. but mostly match my orange cab