im looking to pick up an american standard tele pretty soon. felt great, sounded great. but there was a gap between the base of the neck and the body, about the thickness of a quarter (probably a little less, im really bad with estimating). right underneath the 22 fret where it meets the top of the body. anyways, both of the displays had the same issue. is that a result of the micro tilt, or are they just shoddy models? and is it something to be concerned about?
Well, I've never seen one with a gap. Mine certainly hasn't got a gap, and I never noticed one on the ones I tried before I bought mine.

Is it a trustworthy shop??
Fretboard's bigger than the neck - it's perfectly normal, my Schecter is the same.

Teles are 21 fret guitars, that's how big the neck is - if you want an extra fret without changing the scale length then you need to extend the fretboard past the neck.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Fretboard's bigger than the neck - it's perfectly normal, my Schecter is the same.

Teles are 21 fret guitars, that's how big the neck is - if you want an extra fret without changing the scale length then you need to extend the fretboard past the neck.

this. pretty much all 22 fret full-scale fenders have it.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
How thick is a quarter then?? there is a very small gap on my Tele - to be honest I didn't think that was the TS was talking about!!
Last edited by mark_wuk at Dec 7, 2009,