Page 1 of 2
Everyone has heard a story from war from a relative or old person you know. So I wanted to hear from everyone else about stories they have heard. Here is one of mine.

My Dad's girlfriend was telling me about how her uncle served in the Vietnam war in the New Zealand Army. his platoon were in the forest and it was night time so a couple people were on watch. One of these people was the uncle, as he was looking into the forest for movement and any sign of the enemy he saw some bushes rustling. He thought hiding in these bushes was a sniper he sprayed a few rounds into the bush. When he went over to check if it was a sniper he looked over the bush and saw a Vietnamese baby riddled with bullets. He thought the baby must have been put there because it was too unsafe in the nearby village.

Now its your turn.
Originally Posted by neopowell
I'm perfectly capable of rating my own poo, I don't need a website to help me. I've devised strict criteria based on texture, smell, ease of passing and numerous other factors. It's even colour-coded.

ಠ_ಠ
My Grandparents met eachother in the Dutch resistance.
I dont know much about what they did but i believe they blew up railways and post offices.
Gear:
1991 Gibson Flying V
Roland Cube 20X
Quote by blackthought
Lesson one in shooting: do not fire without identifying your target.

If only this guy did that when before he took the shot, because now he is scarred for life.
I'm perfectly capable of rating my own poo, I don't need a website to help me. I've devised strict criteria based on texture, smell, ease of passing and numerous other factors. It's even colour-coded.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Marson
My Grandparents met eachother in the Dutch resistance.
I dont know much about what they did but i believe they blew up railways and post offices.

That's pretty cool...
Quote by The Pineapple
My great uncle died in WWI with his whole platoon when a mortar landed in the middle of them.

My great uncle also died in WW1. He was hit by a shell in the battle of Bullecourt.

ಠ_ಠ
My grandad was part of a military resistance. He was a hairy bugger, and he hid out on a small forest moon with the rest of his people. They seemed weak and inexperienced, but when the Empire was forced to defend its shield generator from the Rebels, who were attacking the Death Star at the time, they came out and kicked some serious arse.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
My great great uncle Frank fought in WWI and he and 15 other men were pulled off the front to get some rest in a bunker in Ploegstert Woods. An artillery shell landed on the bunker, it collapsed and killed everyone inside.

My great grandfather served in WWI. He lied about his age to enlist. When the recruiting office asked him old he was he said he was 18, no questions asked, when in reality he had barely turned 16. After the war he never spoke about it to anyone, and took his stories with him to the grave when he was 101. Although my Dad said he did show him an old Pickelhaube with a bullet hole through it.

I posted one about my Dad's uncle Geoff in the WWII thread, I'll go find it.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by blackthought
Lesson one in shooting: do not fire without identifying your target.

If it was a sniper and he had tried to identify it, he wouldn't have lived and the dude's uncle would've been in danger too. Vietnam was pretty much shoot first, ask questions later
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
Last edited by BeastlyBassist at Dec 7, 2009,
I was named after my great uncle who fought in WWII, lost a leg and an eye, then went to live in the mountains for the rest of his life. He never found out the war was over until about 1998 when I went to visit and he wondered how I got into the country
ohai little sig.
Last edited by Demonikk at Dec 7, 2009,
I was at some family thing, with my family. My dad was wearing a t-shirt for the company he worked for at that time (Seimens). We ended up sitting next to this old couple. And when my Dad sat down the old guy looked at his shirt and said "I know you! We bombed you during the war!" In reference to bombing factories owned by Seimens.
Well my great grandfather was in ww1, got a peice of his skull taken off by shrapnel but amazingly even back in those days they managed to put a steel plate in and he lived a long life and suffered no brain damage.

I never met him though so i don't know how badly his mind was affected by the realitys of ww1.

My grandfather lied about his age for ww2 and became a mechanic serving with the RAF in india. Luckily he never saw any action although if the nukes hadn't been dropped that might have been a different story
A friend of mine was in the Iraq war in Basra serving in the Royal Marines, he told me that he was on patrol in a Landrover 110 fitted with a Milan Post anti tank missile.

Whilst going throughthe city his patrol was fired on from a high building.

He said bullets were coming in fast and they were pinned down taking cover behind the vehicle and they couldn't raise any help on the radio so he broke cover and jumped into the back of the land rover and fired the missile into the building.

He saved all his mates and was awarded a medal.
I have awesome hair
my drummers dad was in vietnam, apparently he watched his best friend get annihilated by an RPG as he was running to take cover. his dads a reaally nice guy too its sad so much shit happened to him.
Quote by neopowell
My grandad was part of a military resistance. He was a hairy bugger, and he hid out on a small forest moon with the rest of his people. They seemed weak and inexperienced, but when the Empire was forced to defend its shield generator from the Rebels, who were attacking the Death Star at the time, they came out and kicked some serious arse.

Your grandad was an ewok?
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by neopowell

That's insane, everyone knows that you're just pulling our legs.
the closest thing to a war experience I have is playing Halo

Quote by Rogue Hermit

You're a good man. I was waiting for somebody to step up with the obligatory "I come blood" reference.

Quote by guylee
goddammit. I'm going to bed. You win good sir.

Quote by stratguy335
Haha! You got the joke! You win a cookie.
My brother in law was in Iraq during the worst part of the fighting, and is there now for a 2nd tour.

He said his best friend was KIA, and he captured the guy who did it. Though, he was not allowed to harm the person who shot his best friend as the person had laid down his weapon and was surrendering.

Wtf.
Quote by Kevin19
That's insane, everyone knows that you're just pulling our legs.

It's true. They made a documentary about it, something about returning jelly, or whatever...

And Justin...yes. Yes, that was sort of the point...
Quote by ozzyismetal
Quote by Kensai
Quote by Zero-Hartman

Quote by neopowell
It's true. They made a documentary about it, something about returning jelly, or whatever...

And Justin...yes. Yes, that was sort of the point...

You and your lies!
Meh, my grand-granmother got raped by the japs in WW2 and comitted suicide by running into a japanese camp armed with a grenade with a pulled pin.
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
Not really a war story but more of a fact. My God Grandfather was Chiang Kai-Shek's Second in Command during the Second World War. He's living in Hong Kong now but he's exiled in China.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by Gyroscope
This guy stopped a bullet with his tooth.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/military/teeth.asp

If he was a Britt he would have been screwed!

Oh i kid you gaiz!
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
A teacher in my old school served in Vietnam, I personally never had him but apparently when asked he would share some of his tales. The only story I've ever heard was of how he was lumbered with heavy equipment to carry (never heard if he was a signaller or just designated a machine gunner), and so he was trailing behind his platoon slightly. They were contacted by a large Vietcong force and he saw the rest of his platoon get cut down pretty quickly. Not wanting anything to do with this he dropped his kit and legged it. Apparently he was one of only 2 from his company to survive (a company consists of 3 platoons, roughly 100 people in total). The only funny part to come from it was when a group of students were talking smack about him and saying they wouldn't have left. Yeah, okay.
Quote by Nexium
If he was a Britt he would have been screwed!

Oh i kid you gaiz!

If he was a Brit he would have got the guy who shot him a pint afterwards.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Quote by Kensai
Quote by Zero-Hartman

Quote by Minkaro
"No hard feelings, old chap? These things do happen, after all."

More 'c'mon mate, stop fucking about and let's 'ave a couple, right? Oh check it, the footies on, nice.'

But yeah, you know how these things work.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Quote by Kensai
Quote by Zero-Hartman

My grandfather signed up for the Navy in 1941 at the age of 15, having lied about his age of course. Given his age, he expected to be told to clean the ship or fulfl some other menial task, but he was actually made an AA gunner.

Given that he died a few years ago before I developed any real interest in military history, I never had any serious discussions with him regarding the war. However, I recently found out that he served on the HMS Saumarez during that Battle of North Cape, which provided a pretty big blow to German morale.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_north_cape
Gear:
Ibanez S470DXQM
Laney GH50L - Laney GS212IE
Boss GE7
MXR Wylde OD
Boss DD2
Boss CE20
Walden G570
Me and Zoey can't tell war stories. Wash gets a little bit jealous...

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Quote by neopowell

I love you for that post. Made my day.
Here's an awesome one:

My friend was telling me about his granddad, who joined the British Army back in World War II. He fought in the battle of El Alamein, and he was a sniper.
He once shot the driver of a tank in the head, killing him, and sending the tank veering off to the left, into another tank, over turning it.

I dunno about you, but I think that's pretty badass. 2 tanks with one sniper round.
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

My great Grandad on my mother side was an engineer in the RAF in Burma. He didn't see his son until he was 5 years old. When he returned home after the war he was offered a very well paid prestigous engineering job, but he turned it down as it reminded him too much of the war.

Also, this isn;t a war story but my Paternal Grandad was enlisted for National service in the late fifties I think when they're was no war on. For whatever reason he didn't want to do it(I believe he didn't want to end up like his father who lost a limb), and as they were taking him to the camp, he put his hand out of the Car anticipating them not going, however they did and he injured his hand quite badly. After that they let him serve as a typist.

I'm not sure myself what to think of that story.
My grandad shot a Korean prisoner of war in the arse cheek during the Korean war. He was told to either shoot to kill or let them run because it's a war crime to not treat wounded POWs and that would cost money and resources. Two escaped one night and he shot at them and hit one in their right arse cheek. He was reprimanded for it but still told people that story with a smile on his face.
Quote by BeastlyBassist
American soldiers are trained to pretty much shoot first, ask questions later

fixed
My grand dad was a ship captain on D-Day with the New Zealand part of the Britih navy
and my other grand father particapated in student movevement against batista in the Cuban revolution.

and i have a few uncles and great uncles who were with the IRA for a bit

My friend was telling me about his granddad, who joined the British Army back in World War II. He fought in the battle of El Alamein, and he was a sniper. He once shot the driver of a tank in the head, killing him, and sending the tank veering off to the left, into another tank, over turning it. I dunno about you, but I think that's pretty badass. 2 tanks with one sniper round.

hell the battle of El Alamein was a lesson in British badassery, from then on the Germans were getting regular doses of it
Last edited by imthehitcher at Dec 7, 2009,
Apparently during the Korean War there was a big drug problem with the American soldiers. My grandfather and a couple other guys went on this super secret mission to blow up a drug factory or something like that.
Quote by Pinballwizard93
you sir, Martinikiss7, should be president.

Jizz is where it is
Quote by MartiniKiss7
Apparently during the Korean War there was a big drug problem with the American soldiers. My grandfather and a couple other guys went on this super secret mission to blow up a drug factory or something like that.

wut.
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
Page 1 of 2