I got an Epiphone Thunderbird, but I'm looking for something MORE. 24 frets would be nice, and something good for metal. I found Schecter Omen Extreme 5 strings and that seemed nice.
Ibanez SRX-series!
Quote by Jaymz2K
Kidding, they hate you and want you to be miserable.

Also, Charmander.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
If I teach myself to cum on command with the word Jackpot... Won't make any bets, but I'll still be a winner.
Quote by Bowe
so wait... does PETA think all gay people are vegans?
Quote by Tabassco
Ibanez SRX-series!

i agree.

Altho i do have an Aria as my first bass which has 24 frets :P but look into the likes of Schecter,Rockbass (possibly),Ibanez.

Oh and stay away from Dean's and BC Rich's no matter how metal they may look. untill they get over bout £400 with the BC's but Deans not so.
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
I agree with your line of thinking, as far as schecter goes. I got a Stiletto Studio 6 for slightly under $500 and I'm completely in love with it; 18v active preamp, 3-band eq, bubinga top, neck-thru; just beautiful. I got it off ebay, so you may not find it for that price normally, but if you're looking for a decent bass on a budget, ebay really is your friend.
^good bass. do it.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Ibanez SR or SRX, Traben Array, Schecter Stiletto, or if you go used, the old standby Fender P's and J's are always there.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
I have an ESP B-206SM and I would highly suggest anything from ESP. Their B series is great, as is their F series.

They run from cheap to really expensive. I paid 440$ for mine, and I don't regret it in the least!
Quote by JagerSlushy

Black people play bass.
Quote by isabiggles
Nevermind, that's a stupid pun for Australian pyromaniacs.
Just forget I said anything.

Quote by mac_attack
THE PURE SEXUAL THRILL!!!!
And stuff...

^^^
On playing bass.
Gear:
ESP B-206SM
Behringer BRX1800H
Acoustic B115
Asher Custom 2x10
Quote by Wednesday Bass
Have a look at Yamaha. I highly recommend these for a good mid-price-range bass. Best value for money at the price.

Yes, I play an RBX375, great midrange bass that has a great metal tone
My Rig:
Yamaha RBX 375 bass
Peavey Millenium BXP bass (won at Summer Slaughter 2010, signed by all the bands)
Eden Nemesis NC410 320w combo amp
Check out Tyrannicide, my death/thrash metal band:
http://www.myspace.com/tyrannicidemetal
Play it before you buy it. Schecters are great basses, but some people hate their feel.
My Rig:
Yamaha RBX 375 bass
Peavey Millenium BXP bass (won at Summer Slaughter 2010, signed by all the bands)
Eden Nemesis NC410 320w combo amp
Check out Tyrannicide, my death/thrash metal band:
http://www.myspace.com/tyrannicidemetal
Quote by TheTortured
Play it before you buy it. Schecters are great basses, but some people hate their feel.

I hate the feel of them. They are great basses, and I recommend ESP's above them, but I would say go to Guitar Center and play one, and buy the extended Warrenty.
Quote by JagerSlushy

Black people play bass.
Quote by isabiggles

Quote by mac_attack
And stuff...

^^^
On playing bass.
Gear:
ESP B-206SM
Behringer BRX1800H
Acoustic B115
Asher Custom 2x10
If you want metal, you may want to look at 5 string versions of what have been recommended. If that means saving up a bit more, I would say do that.
Quote by Halakar
If you want metal, you may want to look at 5 string versions of what have been recommended. If that means saving up a bit more, I would say do that.

I would agree. It's usually not too much more, and well worth it. The extended range is always well worth it.
Quote by JagerSlushy

Black people play bass.
Quote by isabiggles

Quote by mac_attack
And stuff...

^^^
On playing bass.
Gear:
ESP B-206SM
Behringer BRX1800H
Acoustic B115
Asher Custom 2x10
esp is def worth a look if your into metal. also you really can't go wrong with a used fender jazz and possibly mod it later down the road
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E