Yep, getting a new axe. Here's the info:

I have an Ibanez RG2EX1

I have a Line6 POD that runs through a Roland Cube speaker, and I also use a Roland Jazz Chorus my friend owns but never uses. I'm perfectly okay with my tone, please no "F that, buy a new amp" posts please.

Whether it's a bolt on or set neck, I don't really care

Humbuckers, but HSH is fine as well

I'd really prefer coil tap, but if the guitar is versatile enough without it, it guess that's fine.

Don't care that much about stock pickups. Obviously I want them to be good, but if I'm unsatisfied, I'll get a pair of Seymour Duncans.

Neck type I don't care about. Could be compound radius or a regular C, whatever.

If it has a trem, I'd prefer it to be a good one. I don't know much about floyd rose or tremelo type bridges, but I'm willing to learn if it's worth it. Other than that, I have to preference.

I really like Les Pauls, but hate them at the same time. Good on my left, bad on my right. The bridge gets in my freaking way, while my left is just going crazy awesome. I guess I could get used to the bridge. But yeah, just random fact thrown in there

The only other thing is 24 frets. This is a must have. I don't care if there's a guitar with the perfect specs for me, if it got 22, I don't want it.

I already have a list of guitars I'm considering, but I don't really want a "this or that" thread, I'd rather take suggestions.

Oh, and a little insight on your posts please. Don't just name a guitar; WHY are you recommending it to me, do you have experience with it, etc...

Sorry for being such a Nazi, but I've been looking since June and STILL can't find the one right for me!!! I think I just need to get a job and buy em all. I'm obviously not easily satisfied with one guitar.

EDIT: Oh, yeah. And the budget. I'm willing to pay anything under 600 USD. Willing to go used is it is <600.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
Well if you'd like a more modern take on a Les Paul, you could check out the ESP Eclipse series. I believe the ESP/LTD EC-401 falls into your price range. Not H-S-H but can be coil tapped at your leisure.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Well if you'd like a more modern take on a Les Paul, you could check out the ESP Eclipse series. I believe the ESP/LTD EC-401 falls into your price range. Not H-S-H but can be coil tapped at your leisure.

+1 on the EC-401FM
Great guitar!
Costs slightly more than 600 bucks though...
Gear:
ESP LTD EC-401FM STB
Ibanez AR307
Bugera Infinium 333XL
London City Bulldog
Line 6 Pod HD 300
Digitech Digiverb
Wishlist:
Pedalboard
Last edited by Plaeghdraeger at Dec 7, 2009,
Quote by larrytheguitar
Neck type I don't care about. Could be compound radius or a regular C, whatever.

This makes absolutely no sense to me. You must know what you want the neck to feel like...?

Also, I'd go with the guys above. If Muhammed Suiçmez was to eat a Les Paul and throw it up again, an Eclipse is what you would be left with. Awesome guitars.
Quote by Laslow
This makes absolutely no sense to me. You must know what you want the neck to feel like...?

Also, I'd go with the guys above. If Muhammed Suiçmez was to eat a Les Paul and throw it up again, an Eclipse is what you would be left with. Awesome guitars.

Maybe he plays any neck without preference. It seems kind of weird to not have a preference I agree, but I'm also a picky bastard.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Maybe he plays any neck without preference. It seems kind of weird to not have a preference I agree, but I'm also a picky bastard.

Yeah I mean anyone can play any neck in theory. But if I'm spending my money on a guitar it's gotta be the way I want it, and the way the neck feels and plays is pretty far up on the list of important things to consider.
Quote by Laslow
Yeah I mean anyone can play any neck in theory. But if I'm spending my money on a guitar it's gotta be the way I want it, and the way the neck feels and plays is pretty far up on the list of important things to consider.

It is, I agree with you. I would never buy a guitar I didn't like playing. But then again, we aren't him. Maybe he actually is happy with every neck he plays. Who knows? If that's the case, then he's really lucky.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
It is, I agree with you. I would never buy a guitar I didn't like playing. But then again, we aren't him. Maybe he actually is happy with every neck he plays. Who knows? If that's the case, then he's really lucky.

Haha yeah I have the problem of not being able to play anybody's guitars but my own. None of my friends play good guitars.....
Quote by Laslow
Haha yeah I have the problem of not being able to play anybody's guitars but my own. None of my friends play good guitars.....

The biggest problem I find is all my friends like toothpick thin necks. I'm more partial to a baseball bat.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
The biggest problem I find is all my friends like toothpick thin necks. I'm more partial to a baseball bat.

Haha I'm the total opposite... Sounds like you have some awesome friends
Quote by Laslow
Haha I'm the total opposite... Sounds like you have some awesome friends

Oh yeah, they bought all my shred machines when I started getting carpel tunnel. It's their problem now.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Oh yeah, they bought all my shred machines when I started getting carpel tunnel. It's their problem now.

Haha looking forward to it Do ya reckon TS is still here or they just started this thread for a laugh?
Quote by Laslow
Haha looking forward to it Do ya reckon TS is still here or they just started this thread for a laugh?

I think he's at school and will bump this thread later.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Ah yeah, I should be at uni right now... Figured my time was better spent on here...
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

wow that got out of hand. Okay, to resolve the whole neck thing above, yeah.. I pretty much can play any neck. My Ibanez is thin, but my friends have Les Pauls, Schecters.. whatever. Whenever I play them, yeah, it feels weird. But I get the hang of it in a minute or so, so neck type isn't really a factor in my guitar purchase.

Eclipse's are a bit over my range, although I have considered the EC-401. I don't like the EMG's, but you can get another one called the EC-4001VF or something. They come with the pickups I want already. But the finish is meh.

Good suggestions though.

He will be missed.
Are the EC's the ones where it says the guitar model on the 12th fret inlay?

He will be missed.
i think most LTD's (and ESP's) have the model number at the 12th fret. i've never liked it, but i know lots of people do. but i definitely know the EC-1000 does.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Any other suggestions??

He will be missed.