Can anyone tell me where i can get fluorescent orange paint in the UK?
I have an unfinished JEM body on the way and we all know that if you paint it yourself you can't have a boring run o' the mill paintjob :P
I'd prefer it in a spray can if possible.
Also, i saw somewhere on the net a clearcoat that glows in the dark, so whatever you paint looks normal in the light but the clearcoat glows.
Anyone know what this is?
I believe that you can pick up fluorescent orange sprays in Halfords.

As for the glow in the dark clear, I can't say I've seen it before.
Skeet UK is awesome, he can get WD Music parts discounted.
Quote by Baconfish
I believe that you can pick up fluorescent orange sprays in Halfords.

As for the glow in the dark clear, I can't say I've seen it before.

thanks

also,
http://www.clearneon.com/
this is the stuff.
Unfortunately I can't have the aerosol shipped over (for obvious reasons) and it'd cost a bit much :P
plastikote do both flo orange and glow in the dark spray, then put some clear coat on top and in theory you're away. I've not tried either paints though. I did a guitar in their paints a while back and I was pleased with the results - did another recently and the results were not so good even though I took more care and time on it.
,___,
[O.¬] - WTF?
/)__)
-"--"-
Quote by unininium
plastikote do both flo orange and glow in the dark spray, then put some clear coat on top and in theory you're away. I've not tried either paints though. I did a guitar in their paints a while back and I was pleased with the results - did another recently and the results were not so good even though I took more care and time on it.

how many cans did it need to do the guitar?
if its fluorescent orange, u wont need any glow in the dark clear coat. Just get a black light and it will glow bright orange and look a amazing! i did this to an old squire bass with fluorescent green. its awesome!

EDIT: As for where to get your paint, im not too sure. Here in the states, I just went to the normal store which sells spray cans, and they had Fluorescent yellow, orange, green, blue and pink. Have u tried searching yet? Hope i can help a little bit!
Last edited by AsTheSkyDarkens at Dec 8, 2009,
I used the Halfrods fluorescent yellow on a previous project of mine.

Check out my gear pics on my profile to see how it turned out.

I used grey primer (Halfrods again) on the body so it looks more green than the white pick guard that wasn't primed.

Whatever you do, just use white primer, is all i can say.
And tbh dunno if glow in the dark actually works that well. remember you need to "charge" glow in the dark paint under a bright light then it doesnt last that long anyway.
Flourescent colours look amazing under UV, really glowing. Just play in places where UV lights are plentiful!
Quote by voodoochild13

snip!

Flourescent colours look amazing under UV, really glowing. Just play in places where UV lights are plentiful!

I could mount one on my pedalboard? (which currently consists of a bossOS-2 and a Cry Baby but it's gettin there)

also, did you just need one can of paint and one of primer for that?

p.s - "Chernobyl Special" you sir are now a hero in my eyes
Quote by Bigsteve92
how many cans did it need to do the guitar?

I found that on both occasions 1 can would do a body. I did white primer (one can) then when it was finished my seccond colour (Black or Red depending on the guitar) took half a can.

Plastikote cans are smaller than Halfords though. Also lots of thin coats really is the way to go.
,___,
[O.¬] - WTF?
/)__)
-"--"-
Quote by unininium
I found that on both occasions 1 can would do a body. I did white primer (one can) then when it was finished my seccond colour (Black or Red depending on the guitar) took half a can.

Plastikote cans are smaller than Halfords though. Also lots of thin coats really is the way to go.

how many is lots? :P
Quote by voodoochild13

That looks amazing!!

This is what mine looks like under UV lights