Hello people!

A bit more than a month ago I bought an Ibanez RG guitar, I think the most expensive thing I've bought in my life... For some reason, though, I've been having some problems with the guitar from the start, most of which are already solved, but this time I don't know what's the problem and I'm not sure if it can be solved or not, so I need your help.

The problem has to do with the metal parts of my guitar. Part of the bridge is losing it's color and getting "pink", while other parts like the volume and tone knobs are getting black.

I want to ask you to please, please, tell me what this is, and what is causing it. The problem in the color of the bridge might be due to sweat, despite I clean my guitar after every practice "session"... The thing in the volume and tone knobs is stranger, because I don't touch them often where the black parts are. Is this all corrosion? Could this be considered normal? Will it only affect how my guitar looks or is it more dangerous? Should I get it checked?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here are the pictures:

Thanks again!
I think you're just rubbing the paint off. Also, the oils on your hands could be causing the volume/tone knobs to be losing their color as well.
what model is the RG?

If it's lower end ibanez it could be cheap parts.
Jackson DXMG With SD Blackouts
Jackson DK2M
Ibanez GSR205EX
Acoustic B200H W/ Acoustic B410
Peavey Vypyr 30
On the bridge your just simply rubbing the paint off and exposing the bare metal, probably what's happening on the controls as well. Nothing to be worried about, it's purely aesthetic, makes no difference to playability or sound/
The discoloration is some sort of corrision!!
I'd suggest washing your hands before playing
and drying them out with hand sanitizer

I know for a fact that certain sunblock or Acne
medications can cause damage to many things
Ibanez AEL10E BLK- W/ Graph Tech Nut, Saddle and Pins
Duncan Woody XL Pickup w/ stock fishman EQ

Schecter C1+ Darksunburst w/ SH-4 (N) & SH-6 (B) 24.75"
Gain boost Switch
11-14-21w-38w-49w-60w D'Addario strings
ENGL Fireball+Savage+Vader Cab
Quote by xDarrellx87x

could be this, or in the least case, it might be the cold or humidity.but i doubt it

also, you have a SE phone, don't you?
Quote by xDarrellx87x

it`s only the acid from sweating. the bridge on my Jem is the same it`s not a issue live with it.
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Dec 7, 2009,
These guys are correct, The oils, Acids, from the sweat from your hands are just slowly eating the chrome plating with help of your hand of course rubbing it in. Its very normal, Same as the knobs They might just be a base plastic in your case black, and the same effect is happening to them.