I was in my science class today, and a strange kid in my class who seems to have the expression of a crazed dare devil permanently fixed to his face walked up to me and my friend.

He was holding a glass full of boiling water, which was steaming and had just came out of a kettle. and he was holding it in his hand quite comfortably?

Anyway, he quite calmly asked, with a rather evil grin on his face, whether either of us would like to hold it. What the heck? We said no, that's fine thanks, and he shrugged it placed it on the table, walking off. Me and my friend both touched the glass and it was burning hot! How the hell did he hold it, he didn't have a cloth or a glove or anything what the heck?
Gear:

Vintage VS6 (Wine Red)

Marshall VS100 Valvestate head with 4x12 angled cab

Squier Strat (Fiesta Red) 90's, Korean
Asbestos hands. He got them in 'nam.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
or no nerves in his hand. ik a guy who landed on an electric fence and it fried the nerves in his groin so u can kick him in the balls all day long and he just smiles....
Quote by mullet1337
Holy ****. **** you. You ****ing ****.
Quote by Kensai
Asbestos hands. He got them in 'nam.

Probably also has bowels made of hemp and the tongue of a Basset Hound.

*major kudos for reference*
Quote by footsteps7173
or no nerves in his hand. ik a guy who landed on an electric fence and it fried the nerves in his groin so u can kick him in the balls all day long and he just smiles....

He's a kinky ****er.
The poor dude, that must have hurt really bad
Gear:

Vintage VS6 (Wine Red)

Quote by happytimeharry
Probably also has bowels made of hemp and the tongue of a Basset Hound.

*major kudos for reference*

████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by wonderflap
Kill him with fire.

did you read the OP?

That obviously won't work.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

The only way to do away with him is an AK47 and some grenades.
And to answer the question about how I hold boiling hot objects... Very carefully
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
1. Desensitized nerves from prolonged or regular exposure to heat.
and
2. Even though it looked still, he was likely constantly adjusting the pressure to different points on his hands. This is similar to how you can hold dry ice; so long as you don't hold it completely still it wont freeze your skin.

Generic disclaimer line: Don't try any of this on my say so...
Quote by Fat-bastard0603
did you read the OP?

Ah, to the untrained mind.

See, one suggestion was he had hands of wax. BUT WAX MELTS! MUHAHAHAHA!
If the glass was, say, about 3/4 full of boiling water, he could have placed both hands on the glass, but only put holding pressure on his top fingers, above the water level. Imagine that for a sec. So he carried it over to you holding only the top of the glass, but he had the rest of his hands just barely resting on it, so it appeared as if he was holding it normally.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Well, this is really cracking me up, thanks for the funny replies guys After school, we were sitting in Subway for about ten minutes, unable to stop laughing after we remembered what had happened.
Gear:

Vintage VS6 (Wine Red)

You were in a science class? Plenty of stuff in science class that looks like boiling water that isn't, and is harmless. Just some other reaction.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
No dude, read my first post! we touched the glass after and it burned like shit!
Gear:

Vintage VS6 (Wine Red)

Quote by Eurozeppelin
No dude, read my first post! we touched the glass after and it burned like shit!

If I remember correctly, acid+a bicarbonate will create something that looks like violently boiling water, and evolves heat.
Quote by Fat-bastard0603
did you read the OP?

Nuke him from orbit.
It's the only way to be sure.
If you soak your fingers in very cold water for a few minutes you can temporarily hold very hot things. I do this to get baking trays out of the oven sometimes.
Wouldn't gloves be easier?
Gear:

Vintage VS6 (Wine Red)

Quote by Eurozeppelin
Wouldn't gloves be easier?

Not if I'm in a rush. I just grab an ice cube and squeeze it whilst I'm doing something else.
He's got kitchen hands. Work in a restaurant kitchen and handle hot plates, metal oven dishes, and stove appliances for a few hours a day regularly and things don't seem as hot.

I found out the hard way that it only applies to the part you constantly expose to the heat - reached into the oven at work to get a hotplate with some tongs too carelessly and burned my wrist on the rack in the oven.
Life is underrated.

Quote by Mad Marius
That's like saying you got cancer that comes with AIDS.