2 9%
peavey valve king 212 (second hand)
8 36%
Marshall Class 5 Tube Combo Amplifier
1 5%
Blackstar HT-5 head and cab
11 50%
Voters: 22.
hi ok i play all genres of music and my band plays in smallish venues.

what would you reccomend me out of these 5 amps? thanks
Head says Ht5. My huge manly penis says the class 5.
Actually, does the class 5 have a master volume? Cos if it does, i'd go with the class 5
Quote by Matt-92
Head says Ht5. My huge manly penis says the class 5.
Actually, does the class 5 have a master volume? Cos if it does, i'd go with the class 5

the class 5 has a master volume and it controls the distortion level and the amount is controled by the guitars volume knob
the class 5 would be the worst choice for doing "all genres".

the spider valve, VK or a mic'd ht-5.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
everyones sayin a miced ht-5 but if i have a cab wont it be loud enough already? or would i need two cabs?
Well.... its only a 5 watt head, and that doesn't get loud enough. I mean, you could get 8 of the matching cabs and I'm not guarenteeing (or however u spell it on br00tz language), it'll just spilt the air more efficiently. It might get louder I'm not sure...
i don't think extra cabs would make it louder
www.myspace.com/decognition

Guitar Rig:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Godin Freeway
Korg DTR2000 Tuner
Axon Ax100
Hughes & Kettner Triamp Mk||
Boss V-Wah, CE-5, TR-2

Bass Rig:
Ibanez sr700
Ampeg BA600/115
Boss MT-2
Quote by TheShizzNizz
or if i got got lets say a marshall cab would it be louder then? thanks

no a marshall 4x12 would only slightly improve the loudness, most of the loudness is down to how powerfull the amp is and 5 watts is not that powerfull
ok thanks just had a look on ebay theres marshall jcm 900's on there going for around 350 would this tread on all the other amps i have mentioned?
thanks
Quote by TheShizzNizz
ok thanks just had a look on ebay theres marshall jcm 900's on there going for around 350 would this tread on all the other amps i have mentioned?
thanks

yes it's a 100 watt head it will be extremly loud i would get it and then get a good marshall 4x12 probably they're new mc range should do as a good budget cab
more speakers does not mean more volume.

5 watts ain't gonna cut it unless you mic it.

"all genres" means more versatility. So a VK-112 or Spider Valve gets my vote.

Edit: I find it hard to believe that JCM900 heads sell for anywhere near $350. Or are you looking at the cabs?
http://www2.jaxed.com/cgi-bin/mash.cgi?cat=mus&itm=marshall&loc=&fil=jcm900&ys=&ye=&ps=&pe=&pgs=50&submit=++++go++++
Last edited by gregs1020 at Dec 7, 2009,
Valve king, proven tone, solid amp, versitle if you can eq, loud or quiet so if you can't mic at a gig it ain't a problem and all t00by goodness with preamp tubes and power tubes. Combo's also work INSANELY well due to the fact you don't have 2 pieces to carry, just one- if I could find an el diablo 2x12 I would totally get it but their hard to find.
Guitarsenal:
Genz Benz El Diablo 60
Avatar cab with Man O War, Black Powder speakers
Schecter 20th Aniv. Stealth #07 out of 100
Quote by gregs1020
more speakers does not mean more volume.

5 watts ain't gonna cut it unless you mic it.

"all genres" means more versatility. So a VK-112 or Spider Valve gets my vote.

Edit: I find it hard to believe that JCM900 heads sell for anywhere near $350. Or are you looking at the cabs?
http://www2.jaxed.com/cgi-bin/mash.cgi?cat=mus&itm=marshall&loc=&fil=jcm900&ys=&ye=&ps=&pe=&pgs=50&submit=++++go++++

Pretty much this. All of it.

VK will need some mods, like a new speaker, EQ and OD pedal etc but work real well after that.
ok when i meant jcm 900 i meant the 50 watt combo. thats whats going round 350ish. so its either

spider valve

peavey valve king

or jcm 900?
if that's the case, the jcm 900 50 watt combo providing it's in good working order. i wouldn't think twice.