So everyone, I was looking at ESP's website, and reading a few posts about the EC-1000 and the Eclipse II, and I made an interesting discovery.

It says on the website that the EC-1000 has a Rosewood fingerboard. However, mine has an Ebony Fingerboard. I remember awhile ago, a few weeks before I bought mine, that the ESP website said that it was Ebony, but now it says Rosewood.

So, I was just wondering... Did ESP temporarily make EC-1000's with Ebony, and then switch, or do I just have a special one?
Quote by azn_guitarist25
http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_deluxe-ec.html Bottom one has Ebony. Unless that isn't your model if that's the case which model is yours and what year?

It's the same model, but mine is in the Snow White finish with an Ebony Fingerboard.

As for the year... I'm guessing a late 07/early 08 model
This may help you get the facts on older models

http://www.espguitars.com/support_archives.html
Ibanez AEL10E BLK- W/ Graph Tech Nut, Saddle and Pins
Duncan Woody XL Pickup w/ stock fishman EQ

Schecter C1+ Darksunburst w/ SH-4 (N) & SH-6 (B) 24.75"
Gain boost Switch
11-14-21w-38w-49w-60w D'Addario strings
ENGL Fireball+Savage+Vader Cab
Quote by SMB13
It's the same model, but mine is in the Snow White finish with an Ebony Fingerboard.

As for the year... I'm guessing a late 07/early 08 model

So your LTD doesn't have that horrible binding on the fretboard then?
Quote by azn_guitarist25
So your LTD doesn't have that horrible binding on the fretboard then?

No, it does have the horrible binding. I have a pic on my profile, but you can't see the fingerboard in detail.

... And I kind of like the binding. It grew on me over the year

That looks more like Rosewood to me mate, give tommyt a pm he loves hard wood and has experience with different types of wood.
Quote by azn_guitarist25

That looks more like Rosewood to me mate, give tommyt a pm he loves hard wood and has experience with different types of wood.

Seriously though that looks about the same as the fretboard on my epi LP which is quite dark for rosewood and gets mistaken for ebony a lot.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Quote by tommyt

Seriously though that looks about the same as the fretboard on my epi LP which is quite dark for rosewood and gets mistaken for ebony a lot.

Told ya he had experience with wood, now if only he would stop showing it to little kids then he won't have problems going outside. (if that offended you then sorry)
Quote by tommyt

Is it rosewood then?

If so, then it is VERY dark rosewood. I'll take better pictures when I get home, because it looks very, VERY, dark; almost black.
Quote by SMB13
Is it rosewood then?

If so, then it is VERY dark rosewood. I'll take better pictures when I get home, because it looks very, VERY, dark; almost black.

Well obviously I'm just going off that picture, but it does look like their are some light patches there, and the same sortof dark red tinge that my epi gets in photo's sometimes.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
I dislike that binding
and it does look like the rosewood
fretboard like on my guitars
Ibanez AEL10E BLK- W/ Graph Tech Nut, Saddle and Pins
Duncan Woody XL Pickup w/ stock fishman EQ

Schecter C1+ Darksunburst w/ SH-4 (N) & SH-6 (B) 24.75"
Gain boost Switch
11-14-21w-38w-49w-60w D'Addario strings
ENGL Fireball+Savage+Vader Cab
Quote by tommyt
Well obviously I'm just going off that picture, but it does look like their are some light patches there, and the same sortof dark red tinge that my epi gets in photo's sometimes.

Ah, I see.

I'll take more pictures for you when I get home so you can see it better. It'll be about 4 hours though.