An original song made using TuxGuitar.
I'm sure you can put it into a million different subgenres but I'll just call it rock for now.
Would like comments (positive or negative).
The gp5 is attached to this post.
Please ask if you want the song in a different format.
I'll hopefully do a real recording of the song soon.
Thanks.
Attachments:
6.12.09.gp5
the riff is okay but the rythm is slightly predicatable.
the drums need a lot of work, they bring down the song a lot.
in bar 23 the lead is dissonant with the rhythm, is that deliberate.
break would be cool with better drums. the solo is pretty awesome. generally good lead fills.
and i take it its not finished yet.
so far 6.5/10
better drums would easily push that up, it just needs to be made more interesting. bass would be a nice touch to
Quote by frankibo
the riff is okay but the rythm is slightly predicatable.
the drums need a lot of work, they bring down the song a lot.
in bar 23 the lead is dissonant with the rhythm, is that deliberate.
break would be cool with better drums. the solo is pretty awesome. generally good lead fills.
and i take it its not finished yet.
so far 6.5/10
better drums would easily push that up, it just needs to be made more interesting. bass would be a nice touch to

Which do you mean by 'the riff'?
The song was written for my band, so I didn't spend very long making the drums because I knew our drummer would make something a lot more awesome.
The dissonance is deliberate.
Thanks.
I've never written a bass part before, but I'll try.
Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment, it's much appreciated.
i meant the intro riff.
ah thats fair enough, and bass parts arent too difficult, give it a go, just make sure it snot too dull!
ah the dissonance doesnt sound right tbh, i mean i love a bit of dissonance but it has to be in the right places and i dont think that was
Quote by frankibo
i meant the intro riff.
ah thats fair enough, and bass parts arent too difficult, give it a go, just make sure it snot too dull!
ah the dissonance doesnt sound right tbh, i mean i love a bit of dissonance but it has to be in the right places and i dont think that was

Okay. I've put some bass in but it sounds terrible. Also I've changed the chorus to make it a lot less repetitive. And I've just sent it to the drummer so I'll work on it some more after he's sent it back.