Hi

I have a Vox Wah, Modded SD-1 and an Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff.

Should I sell them to get a Boss ME-70??? (I know I will also need to save up a little bit)

I have a Blackstar HT-5 Combo amp.

I know most people here think that Single pedals are better than Multi-effect pedals, but I think it might be better for me.

I'm intermediate-Advanced but I'm still learning. It would be would be really useful to have access to all sorts of modulation effects. I need a tuner. I would use the looper a lot for solo-writing. I need a Noise-reducer. I need portability. I would get my Overdrive/Distortion sounds mainly from my amp.

So should I get it? By the way I'm not too worried about having amazing tone (although I still want good tone).

What do you think?

Thanks.
I like me separate Wah, SD1, Muff, etc but sometimes it just makes sense to get a Multi, like some of the reasons you outlined.

I wouldn't limit yourself to Boss though. If you can go play some of these, just compare. If you are happy with the tone that is all that matters.
I have the same problem, because i know in the future i1ll end up expanding to individuals ratehr than my ME50.
Depends if you think you can make up for the extra things on the me70 with the cash in between (i.e. a delay pedal, also maybe a phaser/flanger, a compression/sustainer...)
Depends what you think you'll get out of the me70, i.e.. if you think there are only 1 or 2 things on it you'll use, maybe try pedal alternatives. If you think you'll benefit from having everything in one box, go for it!
Proud Bugera User

Quote by Melodic_Rocker
Cameron's movies have the creativity and quality of a potato with chlamydia.

Quote by Absent Mind
Lady GaGa is rare but would you pay money for her?

-MD Les Paul
-Bugera 6262
-Laney 2x12
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I like me separate Wah, SD1, Muff, etc but sometimes it just makes sense to get a Multi, like some of the reasons you outlined.

I wouldn't limit yourself to Boss though. If you can go play some of these, just compare. If you are happy with the tone that is all that matters.

Its just that the Boss is the only Multi-effects pedal I have found that has everything I need and a looper.

Can anyone else help me?

Quote by The Chimney Man
Hi

I have a Vox Wah, Modded SD-1 and an Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff.

Should I sell them to get a Boss ME-70??? (I know I will also need to save up a little bit)

I have a Blackstar HT-5 Combo amp.

I know most people here think that Single pedals are better than Multi-effect pedals, but I think it might be better for me.

I'm intermediate-Advanced but I'm still learning. It would be would be really useful to have access to all sorts of modulation effects. I need a tuner. I would use the looper a lot for solo-writing. I need a Noise-reducer. I need portability. I would get my Overdrive/Distortion sounds mainly from my amp.

So should I get it? By the way I'm not too worried about having amazing tone (although I still want good tone).

What do you think?

Thanks.

I am a big fan of single pedals, and I'm going to say no. I have a ME-50B, and for modulation it is unsatisfactory.
I think, in many ways, it's very much dependent on you and your ears. If you are a very picky person tone wise, a multi-effects pedal may not suffice. While, if you are only simply interested in experimenting on a tight budget, the Boss may be perfect.

For me personally, the overdrive tones is what I would worry about with multi-effects units. But seeing as you will be using your Blackstar for your main tone, I don't think you will have a problem.

Don't the Line 6 POD's have loopers? I personally quite liked the Vox Tonelad LE, but it is expensive.
Quote by kyle62
Although i see your point, you have some nice pedals there - going to the ME50 is going to downgrade your tone a great deal.

I'm thinking about keeping the pedals, saving up a bit more AND getting the Boss ME-70.

I'd use it mainly for the Looper (Important), Tuner, modulation, delay and reverb, whammy pedal and Noise Reducer.

What do you think, should I still go for it?
Quote by The Chimney Man
I'm thinking about keeping the pedals, saving up a bit more AND getting the Boss ME-70.

I'd use it mainly for the Looper (Important), Tuner, modulation, delay and reverb, whammy pedal and Noise Reducer.

What do you think, should I still go for it?

I've not had much luck figuring out how to use the looper on the ME.

I much prefer my Korg PitchBlack to the tuner on the ME, but it's useable.

I really, really don't like any of the modulation on multi-effects. This is really the deal breaker for me--that includes modulation, delay and reverb. I just don't like them at all. The whammy is definitely useable, however, and it seems like multi-fx units are kinda noisy signal-wise.