So im putting in a pickup into my starter guitar a yamaha erg 121c, anyway I've narrowed down which pickups i want to:
Di Marzio X2N
A seymour Duncan Invader
Gibson 500T

Anyway UG which one should I pick to get that awesome down-tuned heavy metal tone?
Out of those I'd go for the Invader.

But if I got to choose I'd go for something completely different, like a Bareknuckle or SD Blackouts.

Also, what's your amp? Upgrading pickups with a crappy amp is pretty pointless.
Bareknuckles are a company, while the SD is Seymour Duncan, and the pickups are the blackouts.

Also, out of those, I would pick the Invader as well, because I've heard the X2N is very 'samey' pickup and the 500t looses its life in guitars that aren't made by Gibson.
Wow i had no idea about the 500t's, thx dude or dudette, haha any pickup youd suggest for that heavy de-tuned sound?
Invaders are good but very high output, you best not be a sloppy player, though i would imagine they would be great for anything downtuned, but not my personal pick by SD.

I'd probably go with a Duncan Custom Custom. But thats just me.
Quote by woodenbandman
As far as I'm concerned, Boogies descended from heaven on a heavenly A Major soundwave played over a choir of angels singing America/God Save The Queen and giving out free candy.

Need some change for strings? http://www.cashcrate.com/2476533
Quote by K'mPiDuWi
Wow i had no idea about the 500t's, thx dude or dudette, haha any pickup youd suggest for that heavy de-tuned sound?

DiMarzio D Sonic
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
my $250 yamaha rgx 121z plays better for rhythms than my $1000 ibanez, of course the ibanez feels smoother for lead playing
Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Quote by Truespin
you can't use a guitar to replace your lack of charm or social skills.

Worked for Malmsteen.
Well I need another guitar, and buying a new one doesn't make sense when my starter gutiar is easy to play but simply lacking a good pickup, so I'd rather pay say $100 for a sick pickup then well buy a new guitar
I've got an Ivader I'd sell ya for $25.00 pm me if your interested.
Last edited by mmjohn at Dec 7, 2009,