As the title suggests, my ME-50 is fried. The repair guy described it as "charcoal". The cost of the repair far exceeds what I payed for it. I'm looking to buy a new processor which is comparable...and if possible (though this is secondary, if at all relevant) something comparable or equal in size. I built a custom case for it and I'd hate to have to build another.

The ME-70 I looked at seemed decent, and the price (300 USD) is still cheaper than repairing my old -50. I checked out the specs, and was disappointed to see the -70 had about half as many OD/DS effex, less pedal effex...(i used the resonance mod often), less reverb options (only hall and room).

On the plus side, 38 second phrase loop sounds like a dream after toying with the -50's 2 second loop. 2 seconds! What a joke...

I'm new to the forums but I wanted to get others' opinions on this. What effex kits do you guys like?
haha I don't intend to build my own board, as I think my electrical expertise is the reason my -50 fried in the first place. I thought I would do a little maintenance on my PSA-120S power adaptor and I think whatever I did to it end up frying my -50.

Does anyone else out there have any suggestions/alternatives? I'd like to get some ideas before I head to the guitar store I shop at (100s of miles away lol) so I can be well-informed when I get there.
Quote by The_Z
haha I don't intend to build my own board, as I think my electrical expertise is the reason my -50 fried in the first place. I thought I would do a little maintenance on my PSA-120S power adaptor and I think whatever I did to it end up frying my -50.

Does anyone else out there have any suggestions/alternatives? I'd like to get some ideas before I head to the guitar store I shop at (100s of miles away lol) so I can be well-informed when I get there.

I would just play around with whatever the store has in stock. The upper line 6 floor pod models are cool...as are the Digitech RP500s and 1000s. If you liked your ME50, you could always get another one...maybe even a used one? Our guitarist just got a used one for $100 and I really liked playing on it (apparently you really dug yours too).
Quote by eyebanez333
I would just play around with whatever the store has in stock. The upper line 6 floor pod models are cool...as are the Digitech RP500s and 1000s. If you liked your ME50, you could always get another one...maybe even a used one? Our guitarist just got a used one for $100 and I really liked playing on it (apparently you really dug yours too).

That is pretty much what I would have said if you stick with the MFX option. Out of curiosity, what kind of 'maintenance' where you doing on an AC adapter?
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Out of curiosity, what kind of 'maintenance' where you doing on an AC adapter?

Let's not go there.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone
Quote by The_Z
Let's not go there.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone

Lol, nice one. Anyways i'd say look into buying separate pedals for what you use. They can cost more but in the end you'll like them better i think.
"Then I just had a cage full of mice."