Been given the go ahead from her indoors to treat myself to a new guitar.
I have an Ibanez RG 1570 at the moment and decided I wanted a hardtail with higher output pups.

All the guitars I am looking at are used so what do you think of these and any other suggestions appreciated.

LTD Truckster £450 ish with case - I presume this is a sig version of the EC-400/401 but these just arn't on UK ebay at all. What does the Trucksters finish look like in the flesh?

Schecter C-1+ with EMG 81 & 85 and case Price ???

ibanez sz520 £200

I am going to go and try some out in the next couple of dasy but doubt they will have the exact modesl so more trying for necks etc.

Open to suggestions
Ibanez RG1570 (06) LTD Truckster (07) Fender USA Standard Strat (97) Blackstar HT5s ,TC Polytune, SHO Clone, Russian Muff pi, EHX Small Clone, MXR Carbon Copy, Marshall Reflector, MXR 10 Band EQ
Quote by marmaliser

LTD Truckster £450 ish with case - I presume this is a sig version of the EC-400/401 but these just arn't on UK ebay at all. What does the Trucksters finish look like in the flesh?

The LTD Truckster is the LTD Sig of James Hetfield, the finishes look alright in person.
Main Gear
Gibson Les Paul Custom Alpine White
Esp Eclipse-I CTM DPS w/18v Mod
PRS Custom 24 Angry Larry
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
Tim Ellis will do you a Les Paul with Warpigs and fancy electronics, ebony board etc for £475ish. Just like Phil Campbell is now using. That's with his pro setup and a hard case. He will fit EMG SD or any other brand of pups at a reasonable price, too.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by Lurcher
Tim Ellis will do you a Les Paul with Warpigs and fancy electronics, ebony board etc for £475ish..

I wish , £775 on his website , outta my league cash wise and I realy would not be able to do it justice
Ibanez RG1570 (06) LTD Truckster (07) Fender USA Standard Strat (97) Blackstar HT5s ,TC Polytune, SHO Clone, Russian Muff pi, EHX Small Clone, MXR Carbon Copy, Marshall Reflector, MXR 10 Band EQ
Quote by ethan_hanus
Well, if you gona go used then just do yourself one step better and get a Ibanez RG7620, They were $1500 guitars in the 1990's but now they go for $400 used. Very nice 7 stringers.

Mmm nice guitar but not quite a hardtail
Quote by Lurcher
Tim Ellis will do you a Les Paul with Warpigs and fancy electronics, ebony board etc for £475ish. Just like Phil Campbell is now using. That's with his pro setup and a hard case. He will fit EMG SD or any other brand of pups at a reasonable price, too.

do you work for tim ellis?
7621 i believe is the hardtail version of that. ask some of the fellas in the 7 string thread, i can't keep track of what they own but im pretty sure a few of them have a 7620 or 7621

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Last edited by SYLrules88 at Dec 7, 2009,
Ibanez RGA42.
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
Quote by SYLrules88
7621 i believe is the hardtail version of that. ask some of the fellas in the 7 string thread, i can't keep track of what they own but im pretty sure a few of them have a 7620 or 7621

OK thanks, to keep it simple, no 7 strings...6 is enough for me