Hey just got the Peavey XXX 212, and a hidden footswitch that was never in the description which was great as there really hard to find. So far it sounds great, but i want to know from a tone expert how to get the most out of it? also evan at low volume there is alot of screech and feedback how can i solve this? also im investing in a few pedals, any suggestions?

Cheers

Josh
Turn the gain down and turn the guitar away from the amp!

What kinda pedals?
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Hitler could have been aborted
Congrats! I love my XXX. I run a 10-band EQ in my loop to help tighten the sound up...especially on the ultra channel...which has too much gain imo...you can't really use all of that gain without feedback at high volumes. The crunch channel is much easier to work around. I use the ultra channel for solos and such...just boost the mids and volume over that of the crunch channel to cut though a little better. The screech could be a number of things...bad preamp tube, bad cable, microphonic pickup, standing too close to the amp, etc. Running a noise suppressor helps the XXX quite a bit so you might look into one of those.

HNAD!

Own Pics Or its an MG with tubes Blu-taced on it :p
My Gig Rig...

Fender Straocaster or Gibson Les Paul Slash Special -->Lovepedal Amp 50 --> Boss DD-3 --> Crybaby(soon to be Wh10 reissue) --> Big Muff PI --> Boss DS-2 --> Marshall JCM 900
yea will get some pics and vids soon. Im looking into a boss ns-2, also a korg pitch black for tuning will come in handy. thanks for your replys im going to play with it some more tomorrow. Cheers!
Quote by strings21
yea will get some pics and vids soon. Im looking into a boss ns-2, also a korg pitch black for tuning will come in handy. thanks for your replys im going to play with it some more tomorrow. Cheers!

aw no dude don't run a boss through that awesome amp. that's like covering an exquisite souffle with a slab of lard. ISP Technologies makes an AWESOME noise suppressor. I'd take that any day.

HNAD by the way!
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
aw no dude don't run a boss through that awesome amp. that's like covering an exquisite souffle with a slab of lard. ISP Technologies makes an AWESOME noise suppressor. I'd take that any day.

HNAD by the way!

Ok thanks, but the IPSs are a little too pricey. Are you a Boss hater?
Quote by Lt. Shinysides

HNAD by the way!

HEY! lard is delicious.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by strings21
Ok thanks, but the IPSs are a little too pricey. Are you a Boss hater?

sorta. mostly because of their overdrives, i kinda generalize them a bit. (i like the delays though)
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
sorta. mostly because of their overdrives, i kinda generalize them a bit. (i like the delays though)

Ok fair dos iv been looking into the ISP and it looks worth paying the extra.