Hi,

Ive just got a electric guitar, just stating to learn had it 2 days and it seems as though where the amp lead connects to the guitar the bolt type connection that the amp lead plugs into is coming loose. How do I go about tightening this up as if is gets any worse it looks as though it`ll drop off into the inside of the guitar!
No matter what type of guitar it is, you don't want to just tighten it from the outside. You'll twist the wires and might break them.

1. Remove the pickguard or control cavity cover.

2. Locate the 1/4" jack (the thing that your cable (lead) plugs into).

3. Grab the jack with your fingers in the body while tightening from the outside with pliers or an appropriately sized wrench. You should not allow the jack to spin around. A little is fine.

It is important that you don't over-torque the nut on the outside. Jacks are easily broken. Just get it snug.
thanks very much for the advise.

Is this quite a common thing with electric guitars?
Quote by Coopy666

My Ibanez does that all the time, you should not worry about it too much.
Quote by Coopy666

yea, it's pretty common. it just tends to loosen up over time, but it's an easy fix. if it turns into a problem where you're having to tighten it up all the time you can take off the nut and wrap some teflon tape around the threads, then put it back on.
Ive just taken the guard off at the back and its imposs to get my fingers into the position where the nut is. Think I might need to get some long thin necked grips to hold it from the inside and screw it tight from the out side.

does any no the size of the nut on the out side?
Thanks for your help guys. I see want you mean now. I managed to get a finger in and wedge the jack from the inside to enable me to tighten it from the out side - Cool thanks alot.

Bit worrying for a beginner whos only had the guitar 2 days lol

Thanks again!