i have an acoustic guitar.. buuut
i don't have a strap on it. so i have 1 simple question.
if i drill a screw beneath the body of my guitar, do i F... up the sound of the guitar??
Quote by palefire
Should point out that Doctor Rock has a point, by the way - we do have some of the biggest nutters (usually in a funny way) in the country.

Londons Burning!
dahdahdahdahdah!
Probably be best bringing this one in..
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Mine needs a neck button and possibly a pickup install. There is no way I'm drilling a new guitar myself.

Take it in.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
i had a guitar that only had a strap button at the bridge end, and was without one at the neck end. it was a cheap-o acoustic, so i didn't mind drilling into it. i figured the best position was the SG-style that gibson uses. worked great.

now that i've got my seagull, i'm having the same problem. just one strap button, and i HATE straps tied to the headstock. i'd love to get another strap button installed, but i will not try this one myself. too expensive. if it's not a life-long keeper i say go for it, but if it is DO NOT attempt it yourself. there's a diagram on seagull's website about how a screw in the wrong spot could seriously damage a guitar's structural integrity. really wish they had just installed it at the factory

anyway, here's the SG button position. right on the neck heel. again, only try this for a guitar you're willing to permanently alter, and possibly damage (not probably, but it's possible)

Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Last edited by LifeIsABullet16 at Dec 7, 2009,
Why not just string the button-less end of the strap to the headstock like everybody else who plays acoustic?
Everyone?

It's one of the first things I do to my new acoustics, because I find the strap much more comfortable and secure at the heel of the neck than anywhere else. Take it to a shop to do. The local shop here charges you for the button and will install for free.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
You would think its an easy job... right? Go out, buy some strap buttons. Come home, get out the drill and bits. Choose the right drill bit for the screw. Carefully drill the hole in the neck (according to where the manufacturer suggested). And drive the screw in.

All is well untill you hear **SNAP** (insert colorful explitives here) and find the screw breaks off just above the surface. Low enough it can't be backed out, high enough it has to be ground down. It happened to me twice on the same guitar using FENDER screws and buttons.

A simple task... maybe.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
sorry i'm a bit beginner at guitar so i don't know the names of everything but i mean i want a screw or something at the side of te bridge (so if i hold it i want it on the right side) im a right handed player
and the left side of the strap i attach it to the head
Quote by palefire
Should point out that Doctor Rock has a point, by the way - we do have some of the biggest nutters (usually in a funny way) in the country.

Londons Burning!
dahdahdahdahdah!
Quote by roamingbard13
Everyone?

I like to generalize. I also have an acoustic with a button at the base of the neck. I got the impression TS only thought he needed to add a button because it was forgotten at the factory.
Last edited by GC Shred Off at Dec 8, 2009,
Quote by GC Shred Off
I like to generalize. I also have an acoustic with a button at the base of the neck. I got the impression TS only thought he needed to add a button because it was forgotten at the factory.

no? i wanted it cuz they don't make this guitars with buttons and i already customized it myself so i bought a strap button and just screwed it in, just hoping i won't **** it up.. i didn't

now i got a strap on my acoustic
Quote by palefire

Londons Burning!
dahdahdahdahdah!
Quote by DocterRock
no? i wanted it cuz they don't make this guitars with buttons and i already customized it myself so i bought a strap button and just screwed it in, just hoping i won't **** it up.. i didn't

now i got a strap on my acoustic

My impression was incorrect. Glad the button worked out.