I bought a Dimarzio CrunchLab, and I've decided that I also want a neck pickup.

But I don't really know if I want the Liquifire, as there are different neck pickups. Would the D-Activator be any good with the CrunchLab? It's only $5 less, so it might be a little irrational to get a different pickup because of that.

So pretty much, Liquifire, or D-Activator? Unless there's some other neck pickup you would recommend.
99% of my posts will probably be entirely misinformed, malformed, malware infested, and... marmalade topped.

Oh, and your tongue is on fire.
Quote by slashe50
I bought a Dimarzio CrunchLab, and I've decided that I also want a neck pickup.

But I don't really know if I want the Liquifire, as there are different neck pickups. Would the D-Activator be any good with the CrunchLab? It's only $5 less, so it might be a little irrational to get a different pickup because of that.

So pretty much, Liquifire, or D-Activator? Unless there's some other neck pickup you would recommend.

Well what do you play?
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Mostly metal, ranging from death to prog to, well, pretty much anything in the scope of metal.

In other words, I like something with high output, but with a lot of versatility.
99% of my posts will probably be entirely misinformed, malformed, malware infested, and... marmalade topped.

Last edited by slashe50 at Dec 7, 2009,
After alot of listens i would say go with the Liquifire.
The D-Activator is very slightly distorted and not as defined as compared to the Liquifire.
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Liquifire. the D-Activator (if i'm thinking of the right pickup) is designed to be a bridge pickup, and it's properties probably reflect that. if it's high in treble it might sound really strange and muddy in the neck.

something else to keep in mind: pickups using the same magnet types usually go well together. if the crunchlab and the liquifire use the same magnets they may blend better together. it's not a killer if they don't, they'll still work fine. but the middle pickup position might not be as smooth as you'd like.

EDIT: there's a d-activator bridge and neck i was thinking of the D-Sonic. always get those two mixed up. anyway, after looking around on Dimarzio.com i'd still say the Liquifire is the way to go, even though the two are using different magnet types. just think it'll give you a better and more smooth neck pickup. and, if you're like me, thats important because i use the neck pickup for almost all my cleans.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Last edited by LifeIsABullet16 at Dec 7, 2009,
Aight, thanks guys.