I've always wanted to try A BL L500XL's. I like it better than the JB i took out! It's super sensitive to your volume control and i'm pretty amazed for $50 bucks.
Last edited by mmjohn at Dec 7, 2009,
Thanx guy's.......I'm gonna take it out turn it around and see how (if any) different it sounds.
Quote by gregs1020
i love my XL500.

I'm suprised how good it sounds clean.
Quote by mmjohn

Why? it's very defined, sure it's pretty hot like really ****ing hot but yea. It does clean really well. It makes the bridge pup of the guitar I have it in sound lifeless.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I just can't believe how much better it sounds than the JB........And for 50 bucks.
Quote by mmjohn

Quote by gregs1020
Why? it's very defined, sure it's pretty hot like really ****ing hot but yea. It does clean really well. It makes the bridge pup of the guitar I have it in sound lifeless.

I was just going to ask this. How do you think it would sound in a mahogany/flamed maple top guitar?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Like the LP and the Budda amp d00d.

HNPD...

Any thoughts? Opinions? Great for [styles]? Terrible for [styles]? Pros? Cons?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
*cough* cheap dimebucker *cough*

HNPuD!!

Thanx Guy's I guess it is a "Cheap Dimebucker since it what he used" but that's where the similarities end. I owned a Dime-o-flame for a couple weeks and the Dimebucker was all metal all the time. The L500XL is alittle more versatile using nothing more than your Volume knob i've got some nice bluesy tones out of it. The Dimebucker is quite a bit hotter 16.25k compared to 500xl 11.2k