for christmas im getting something to power my pedals. i dont know much about pedal powering. i currently have five pedals. at least one of them cannot use the Boss style adaptors (i.e. center negative.) i need a system (prefer not to daisy chain) that can power the pedals, and would like to be able to power future pedals.

Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Crybaby Wah
BBE Soulvibe
Fulltone Octafuzz (this one i know cant use boss style adaptors)
homeade tubescreamer

im also not looking for the most expensive one, but rather the best/affordable way to power pedals. thanks alot for your help.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Last edited by chea_man at Dec 7, 2009,
anyone who can offer some advice?
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
one spot and the daisy chain dealeo.

edit: http://www.samash.com/p/1-SPOT-Universal-AC-Adapter_-49979587

edit2: couldn't find the link to the daisy chain for powering up to 5 pedals... but one exists, usually on the peg next to the adapter in the store. It's about $5.00.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Dec 7, 2009,
as stated before, i would prefer not to daisy chain.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by gregs1020
one spot and the daisy chain

On a budget that'll work spankily well.

IF you want to splurge out, get the T-Rex Fuel Tank Jr... comes with a helluva lot of wires and daisy chains and whatever.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by chea_man
as stated before, i would prefer not to daisy chain.

oh sorry, misread.

thought $25 fit the bill.

my fulltone pedals are all center neg, he must have strayed on that one for some reason.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
oh sorry, misread.

thought $25 fit the bill.

my fulltone pedals are all center neg, he must have strayed on that one for some reason.

I don't think that even the Voodoo Pedal Power 2+ will be able to handle that, I think the TS' gonna need a separate power source for the Octafuzz
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
im thinking, could i just use one of the cables that on one end goes to the power supply, and on the other end attaches directly to the battery terminal. the end of it looks like a the connections on a 9V battery. would that eliminate the worries about the center-neg/center-pos thing?

thanks again guys.

and basically i would like to keep it as close to or under $100 as possible.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
im thinking, could i just use one of the cables that on one end goes to the power supply, and on the other end attaches directly to the battery terminal. the end of it looks like a the connections on a 9V battery. would that eliminate the worries about the center-neg/center-pos thing?

I think that would be a safety hazard.

Quote by chea_man

The Fuel Tank Jr is US$99
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Quote by ragingkitty
I think that would be a safety hazard.

The Fuel Tank Jr is US$99

why would it be a safety hazard? (i really am asking why, as i admit i dont know much about this stuff.) i would have thought it would be the same as using a 9 volt battery.

this is what im refering to.
http://www.pedalspluseffectswarehouse.com/Godlyke_Battery_Clip_Adapter_p/god-cabgra.htm

and thanks, ill check out the fuel tank.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man

thanks again guys.

it'll work. i had to use one in a pinch once to power my wah.
Quote by chea_man
why would it be a safety hazard? (i really am asking why, as i admit i dont know much about this stuff.) i would have thought it would be the same as using a 9 volt battery.

this is what im refering to.
http://www.pedalspluseffectswarehouse.com/Godlyke_Battery_Clip_Adapter_p/god-cabgra.htm

and thanks, ill check out the fuel tank.

But how would you attach the clip to the power supply? Short of getting it jerry-rigged, I can't imagine any other way to it... altho that can be due to me not being able to visualise how you're going about it.

Grisky reckons its safe.... I'm not so certain myself.

EDIT:
Had a better read at the product description... yes you'll be able to do it.

Didn't realise it was an adapter designed to clip to a power supply. I thought it was one of the replacement battery clips with exposed wires you could rewire a pedal with.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Last edited by ragingkitty at Dec 8, 2009,
oh ok, im sorry, i should have explained it better.

thanks alot guys. and i looked at the fuel tank junior, it looks perfect for me. and with it, if i get any new pedals, i can daisy chain a couple (for the time being) until i upgrade the power supply. sounds perfect.

now one final question, does anyone here actually use the fuel tank jr, and if so, what are your experiences with it? is it noisy? is it consistent? about how large is it?
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Well... I use it.... (hmm I wonder why I'd recommend something I already use.... :rolleyes

Its not massive... but it's approximately 12cm X 8cm X 3.5cm (L X W X H). I can't really tell for sure since it's at home right now. Slightly shorter than a Boss pedal height-wise.

As a power pedal, it does it's job well... plus it comes with a Y combining cable so you can combine two 9V outputs into an 18 volt output... great for OD boxes which use have an option for 9v or 18v like the Catalinbread DLS or Fulltone OCD.

All the 5 outputs are isolated so you generally won't have any issues with grounding hum that plague multiple pedals if one pedal is noisy. This tends to be a massive issue with daisy chaining pedals.

The output is very consistent, so you won't experience power fluctuations, even when hooking up multiple pedals.

Comes with lots of wires so you always have a wire to suit your needs.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Quote by chea_man

thanks again guys.

onespot makes ends like those for their daisy chains. I use a onespot daisy chain, and it works great.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ