Is there any program that you can input an mp3 of a solo, and it will write out the notation for you??
Quote by SlayingDragons
If this is ever invented, the inventor will become a quadrillionare.

Overnight.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by GezzyDiversion
Apple Logic 8

I HAVE RETURNED
Twitter
Quote by metalkickTM
migueltherocker: The retarded unicorn-fish of the sea

Quote by ShredHead396

Dude, that was just pure win, i laughed the entire way

first stack ^
I think there's a plug in available for pro tools (along the same lines as autotune and melodyne evo) which can pick out seperate notes in a chord based on the notes' respective frequencies. Can't think of the name off the top of my head, but I'm assuming with enough patience you could get that to pick the notes out, then just put them in MIDI and use Pro Tools' score editor to build the notations...
Fender Jim Root Signature Telecaster
Martin Westside Custom Edition
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
http://www.myspace.com/thedirtyyouth
The latest edition of Sibelius, 6, has the ability to dictate notes from vocals. I don't know how well it work with guitar.
I think its called the human ear.
Check out my Tumblr
Quote by Victory2134
The world seemed like a better place when I didn't know what racism, genocide, and the internet was.
Quote by Conformist
I think its called the human ear.

This is the best suggestion. Stop relying on technology for your laziness.
Perfect Pitch.
Gear:
Squier Affinity Series Stratocaster
Epiphone G-400
Line 6 Spider
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
BOSS DD-3

"Wish I Had This" Gear:
Guitars- G&L, Gibson, PRS
Amps- Egnater, Bogner
Effects- Fulltone, JHS, Eventide
Sibelius is good, assuming your guitar is perfectly in tune. Otherwise it'll shove nasty accidentals all over the place.
<--- This is Wally. Not Waldo.

Gear List:
Ibanez RG570
Fender MIA Strat (in black, HSS)
Godawful Marshall MG practice amp

My Youtube
My godawful blog
It'd be extremely difficult to notate all the nuances of guitar playing since every person will play the same solo slightly differently.

I know that some auto-tune programs will detect the incoming sound and display the pitches on a visual keyboard. You sing a middle C, the keyboard will show the middle C note being pressed down during the duration of how long you sung it. Sing a scale, it'll show the scale (rounded to some nearest cents) being played in the exact tempo you sang, on the visual keyboard. If you've got great visual memory, you can just memorize the patterns and notate them yourself.