I'm looking for an acoustic-electric guitar with solid rosewood back and sides for under $1000. What would you recommend?
Epiphone Masterbilt series, or maybe a Larrivee, the D-03R or L-03R, I can't remember if those are still under $1000 though.
The Epiphone AJ 500 RE is right around $599 I would recommend that. I played the Larrivee D-03 yesterday and it was $1100 on sale and I was impressed. It was my first experience with Larrivee. I'm getting one without a doubt. But like I said if you want to stay under 1k the epi is your best bet
I do sure love me them Gibsons boy
Take a look at Blueridge, Stanford and Recording King. Those are the best bang for the buck.
Used Alvarez MD90C. I found mine listed for $650 but only paid $580. It comes with a nice case too, Solid Spruce top, solid rosewood backs and sides, and acoustic electric (under saddle pickup) and you can add a soundhole pickup/mic to it, and blend the two sounds together.
Quote by obeythepenguin
You win this thread. Pipe organs FTW.

Quote by ShadesOfGray
Let's take it one step further and add a slogan:

Big Bach is listening you!
Alvarez are avaliable in UK? (Masterwork series like MD90..)
Last edited by gusdz at Dec 9, 2009,
not really. they sound okay, although to my ears not as good as others, and a fair number of them have issues with belly bulging and lifting bridges.

Quote by gusdz
Epiphones masterbilt (solid rosewood) are good guitar?
Epiphones don't have the combination I'm looking for anyway. I want solid rosewood body, spruce top and a pickup system.
Quote by eagleinthedark
Epiphones don't have the combination I'm looking for anyway. I want solid rosewood body, spruce top and a pickup system.

The Epiphone actually matches that description perfectly.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Masterbilt-AJ500RE-Advanced-Jumbo-AcousticElectric-Guitar?sku=519054

I actually liked the Masterbilt that I played quite a bit, but I've also heard of the same quality issues that patticake was talking about, so it's up to you. It should last as long as you take care of it.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.