ok first i thought there was an only ipod thread or something so i searchbar'd and couldn't find anything on the first couple pages but i saw other unrelated ipod help questions so i figured it was ok to make this.

anyway, as of yesterday when i try to go on the internet or use any internet related apps with my itouch 16g it wont let me, it just says cannot connect to the internet. if i go to safari it starts like the page is going to load and then the screen goes grey and the loading bar comes up and it says connecting. i left it on for over 12 hours now while plugged into my computer and it still says connecting. i have full wifi connection so i dont understand whats wrong.

has this happened to anyone else? and i've considered throwing it across the room but im at college and would therefore be out of music till i go home next, and for the same reason i'm hoping i dont have to do a full restart where i have to erase everything and start over new
Quote by gatechballer
SoLgEr is the ****ing man!!!!!
put it right next to the router, check it the signal strength is too low. If not, restore it.

if restoring doesn't work, and if everything else you have gets wifi from the same source, then its a hardware problem. return it to Apple.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by fearofthemark
put it right next to the router, check it the signal strength is too low. If not, restore it.

if restoring doesn't work, and if everything else you have gets wifi from the same source, then its a hardware problem. return it to Apple.

my computer is running off the wifi right now and the internet is fine. i guess i will restore it in a couple weeks when i go home for christmas break
Quote by gatechballer
Quote by SoLgEr
my computer is running off the wifi right now and the internet is fine. i guess i will restore it in a couple weeks when i go home for christmas break

also, check out ipodtouchfans.com

they have a good forum for all things ipod touch related.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

have you tried switching it off and on again? Or at least switching the wifi off and on again. Mine does this sometiems, and I find switching the wifi off and back on always fixes it.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Just throw it across the room. People will feel sorry for you and buy you a new one. I did this about 3 times.
Check out my fitness blog here
make sure you have the universal plug 'n' play setting on, on ur router settings, tht screws up a lot on the iphone and ipod touch
This happened to mine the other day, I just switched it off then on, that worked.
Quote by bananahammock
How many mods does it take ban half of the pit?
one, Carmel.

▼▼▼▼▼▼
▼▼ ▲ ▲▼▼
▼▼▼▼
▲ ▲▲ ▲
i tried turning it off and on and that didnt work and i went under settings and changed the wifi network from the schools to a free one right off campus and that one did the same thing. what do i have to do to turn that plug n' play thing on?
Quote by gatechballer