Poll: Would you keep the child?
Poll Options
View poll results: Would you keep the child?
Yes(Remember you must never leave her alone)
29 42%
No(Can you live with yourself?)
40 58%
Voters: 69.
Page 1 of 2
Ok I am watching Oprah right now *shutup* and there is a little girl on here who has childhood schizophrenia and; she is constantly trying to hurt her self and others. Her parents have to live in two separate apartments to protect their other child from their daughter. She hallucinates all the time, has hundreds of imaginary friends, an island where the imaginaries live, her own language and these imaginary friends tell her to hurt people.

I for one would put this kid up in a psych ward forever and, put it out of her misery and mine because really is her life worth it and is it worth wasting your time to constantly look after her? And what about the other kid?

What is your take on this? Oh and if you live in the central U.S. time zone it is on right now.

edit: She is on the strongest drug an adult schizo has available to them right now.
Last edited by Zephyr-Chills at Dec 7, 2009,
I'd give her a pen and tell her to write books. Or draw shit. People love looking at weird shit. And read them. Edgar Allan Poe I'm looking at you.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Schizophrenia is treatable with numerous drugs. I would go that route before condemning the poor girl to a psych ward for the rest of her life.

If she is not responding to medication then that's when you put her into a psych ward.
You can say you'd just put her out of her misery,but if it was your flesh and blood offspring the choice wouldn't be that simple.

On a related note,I think it's disgusting that a fat cow like Oprah profits of the suffering and tragedy of others and idiots see it as her doing something noble.

Did you see chimp lady? Jesus tap dancing Christ was that horrendous.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

I'd keep her. She would be my party trick.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
Kayjäll is right.
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
So putting her in a psych ward will help her? I have a deep fear of asylums, so I'll keep her. Poor thing.
Quote by Dirge Humani
They don't have drugs she can take?

She takes drugs but, they basically do nothing. The dad even said that he "accidentally" took some and he couldn't stand or stay awake and she was just running around like she just took aspirin.
Quote by Inimical
Schizophrenia is treatable with numerous drugs. I would go that route before condemning the poor girl to a psych ward for the rest of her life.

If she is not responding to medication then that's when you put her into a psych ward.

The side-effects of antipsychotics though, and for your entire lifetime.... ((()))

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by Pr0gNut
You can say you'd just put her out of her misery,but if it was your flesh and blood offspring the choice wouldn't be that simple.

On a related note,I think it's disgusting that a fat cow like Oprah profits of the suffering and tragedy of others and idiots see it as her doing something noble.

As much as I dislike opera, she make people with these "problems" feel better.

And she gives free shit away
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
I bet she could write some pretty great books/movies with all that shit. I mean, look at Lord of the Rings for example. There's a bunch of different characters, a made up fantasy-world, the elves have their own language.

This girl's mind is gold.
Quote by SteveHouse
The side-effects of antipsychotics though, and for your entire lifetime.... ((()))

Today's medications let schizophrenics function almost normally (assuming normally is what society decides it to be).
Quote by Pr0gNut

True, very true but, I would imagine that these guests would get some money in return for sharing their horrible lives.
Quote by westdyolf

Opera? Seriously? And the name was right in front of you, too.
Quote by alcoholicpanda
Depression?

Kill it with Lysol.

Quote by i_killed_bill
Some guy in a striped sweater stole all my hamburgers. **** was soooo not cash
Quote by westdyolf

Meh,she may make them feel "better" about whatever horrible thing they have going on in their lives,but it's basically just exploitation disguised as a loving and helpful environment.I can assure you that she wouldn't have these people on the show if they didn't attract a large viewing audience and make a lot of money for her in the process.Maury Povich does the same thing,but he openly admits that it's exploitation for the sake of profit and entertainment.

^ How did I miss the Opera thing?

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Last edited by Pr0gNut at Dec 7, 2009,
Quote by ItsOnlyGNR
I bet she could write some pretty great books/movies with all that shit. I mean, look at Lord of the Rings for example. There's a bunch of different characters, a made up fantasy-world, the elves have their own language.

Her language isn't even cool; it is just English words and numbers put in random order.
Quote by GaijinFoot
she hot?

Wow, your f***ing weird

On another note, keep her. How could you not.
Quote by ItsOnlyGNR

You and Kensai don't really understand what schizophrenia is. It may look glamorous and romantic from the outside, but being that person (or close to him) is terrible.
Quote by westdyolf

I love opera. Not only does it distract me from my problems, but it always has an interesting story, and great orchestrations.
Quote by jimmyled
Today's medications let schizophrenics function almost normally (assuming normally is what society decides it to be).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antipsychotics#Side_effects

There's some shit on there, dude. There's a reason over half of the people in controlled trials stop taking the meds.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by jimmyled

CAN allow them to function at a socially desirable level - not always will. The schizophrenic spectrum is wide, symptom-wise. There are people who might have few auditory hallucinations, but are fully aware of their surroundings, or even their condition, or people who live practically in a dream-world, will never 'snap out of it', cannot distinguish reality and hallucination, and do not understand that they even have a condition.

Sometimes the drugs work...others they don't...others they turn the patient into a vegetable.
Quote by SteveHouse
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antipsychotics#Side_effects

There's some shit on there, dude. There's a reason over half of the people in controlled trials stop taking the meds.

Hmm... Interesting point. Anyway, according to what little information I gathered from the thread, I don't think it's a biologically influenced problem. I think it's got more deep-seated roots, like trauma.
Quote by jimmyled
You and Kensai don't really understand what schizophrenia is. It may look glamorous and romantic from the outside, but being that person (or close to him) is terrible.

I've actually read alot about it.

Here's some link I quickly googled:

http://www.psychiatric-disorders.com/articles/schizophrenia/schizophrenic-art.php
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by jimmyled

Yeah, I realize schizophrenia is a horrible condition to live with, but I'm just saying, something good could actually come from this.

EDIT: Also, I just watched some clips of it on youtube, and honestly, i think something very creative can come from her world of "Calalini".
Last edited by ItsOnlyGNR at Dec 7, 2009,
Quote by jimmyled
Hmm... Interesting point. Anyway, according to what little information I gathered from the thread, I don't think it's a biologically influenced problem. I think it's got more deep-seated roots, like trauma.

It certainly has biological roots. In most of the twin studies, if you have schizophrenia, your fraternal twin has a 50% chance of having it too. With a population occurrence of around half a percent, that's substantial.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by ItsOnlyGNR
Yeah, I realize schizophrenia is a horrible condition to live with, but I'm just saying, something good could actually come from this.

EDIT: Also, I just watched some clips of it on youtube, and honestly, i think something very creative can come from her world of "Calalini".

Wait... What the **** are you doing? I'm the Jew here!
Quote by SteveHouse
It certainly has biological roots. In most of the twin studies, if you have schizophrenia, your fraternal twin has a 50% chance of having it too. With a population occurrence of around half a percent, that's substantial.

I am aware of that (Mental and Personality Disorders are one of my interests), but it doesn't necessarily mean that it's biological. Child Schizophrenia (an extremely rare condition) may be caused by several reasons, including dietary issues and psychological trauma.
Last edited by jimmyled at Dec 7, 2009,
Quote by jimmyled
So putting her in a psych ward will help her? I have a deep fear of asylums, so I'll keep her. Poor thing.

Don't worry, the doctor is here to help.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by jimmyled

Would you like to see my mask?

[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by smartalec007
Don't worry, the doctor is here to help.
*Fuck! FUCK! GAHHHH!*

my view of euthinasia is we can't play god, so i'd leave her alone, get her as much help as possible but not kill her just because it's "convenient"
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Quote by ItsOnlyGNR
@jimmyled

waaaaiitttt......

How in the hell did you even know I was Jewish? I don't mention that at all in my profile!

I didn't, it's just a Jewish stereotype to be greedy, and as you insinuated that the girl's imagination could be profitable, well, not much further to go from here.
Page 1 of 2