First of all, sorry if there is a thread about this somewhere. I tried to look but couldn't find anything.

I don't know a lot about pedals. I've played guitar for a while, but never needed pedals as I haven't been in a band until now. I need a pedal that will boost my solos louder than the rest of the song.

For example, with the song One by Metallica, when I start my tapping it's rather dull and lifeless compared to the stuff before and under it.

I've seen overdrive pedals around but don't know if they do what I'm looking for or not. I know it's a basic question, but if anyone could help it'd be great. Thanks!
Get a fender volume pedal.
Freedom isn't free...

It costs like ten dollars a gram
MXR micro amp
or if you wanna spend less
EHX LPB-1
Gear
Fender MIM strat
Epiphone G-400 in white (yeah i know, fuck you i like it)
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Roland Micro Cube
EHX Big Muff
Danelectro Cool Cat Distortion
EHX Nano Small Stone
Boss DD-3 Delay
Vox V847-A Wah
Radial London Bones
EQ pedal + clean boost.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Note that a volume pedal won't give you more volume, it'll only allow you to lower your volume.
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
EQ pedal with a level control.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
yes ...i use my eq pedal for that. If you have a tube amp already cranking and you boost it with just the level control you'll get a bit more drive as well. Might work for you
I've seen a bunch of people do that with a Digitech Bad Monkey. Just turn the drive all the way down and adjust the volume, and there's your clean boost.
my current gear is an Ibanez GAX guitar, a Vox AD50vt-xl, i've got a digitech metal pedal and a cry baby wah.

my budget is as cheap as possible for now.

I thought about the bad monkey, but wasn't sure this was what I was looking for. Basically I just want to boost my volume for soloing. So Alex Vic has mentioned a bad monkey, and the other general opinion seems to go towards an equalizer?

which type of pedal would be cheaper? Does an eq have any other perks that would make it better than a bad monkey?