what is the better amp for progressive metal.

pitbull ultralead.
diliverance one twenty
sig x

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ9IL0vVnts&feature=related
i judged it mainly on this vid and a few others by this guy. i would also really like plain american heavy metal (megadeth, metallica, lamb of god, slayer,trivium) as well as prog metal (dream theater, symphony x) i would like to eventually play prog metal tho as i find its a bit more musically complex (in my opinion) this amp would be something i would be saving up for for about a year. so im trying to choose ONE thing to save up for (i find it easier to stay commited to saving up if i have a final sortof goal) i REALLY like the tone in that vid. is there anything you know that is similar to that because that is the EXACT tone i'm searching for. hes using pitbull ultralead.
Last edited by zappmi35 at Dec 7, 2009,
needs moar info

and what Pit Bull? Ultra lead, CL or CLX?
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Honestly... you may want to look elsewhere. VHT/Fryette amps can be described as very dry sounding, so they're a better choice for rhythm guitar and might not suit you if you're playing lead-oriented progressive metal.

If I had to choose a VHT/Fryette... I'd say Pittbull CL. I played the 100W version and it was pretty sick. The UL/CLX will give you separate lead/rhythm channels (in addition to a standalone clean channel) though, so you may want to take that into consideration. The Deliverance is very versatile but it's single-channel so you'd have to do a lot of volume knob work.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Quote by DrNick
Honestly... you may want to look elsewhere. VHT/Fryette amps can be described as very dry sounding

If I had to choose a VHT/Fryette... I'd say Pittbull CL. I played the 100W version and it was pretty sick.

Then what would you recomend. and what do you mean by "dry" sounding
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ9IL0vVnts&feature=related
i judged it mainly on this vid and a few others by this guy. i would also really like plain american heavy metal (megadeth, metallica, lamb of god, slayer,trivium) as well as prog metal (dream theater, symphony x) i would like to eventually play prog metal tho as i find its a bit more musically complex (in my opinion) this amp would be something i would be saving up for for about a year. so im trying to choose ONE thing to save up for (i find it easier to stay commited to saving up if i have a final sortof goal) i REALLY like the tone in that vid. is there anything you know that is similar to that because that is the EXACT tone i'm searching for.
Ultralead for sure. Those things kick serious ass.

Anyone who can't get get a sweet lead tone out of a VHT is doing something wrong
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
UltraLead. Sounds like nothing else period. Tight, dry, organic, responsive. I get an endless
stream of "how do you get that sound?". Add a little delay on leads and you're on another planet.
The Ultra Lead is one of the most incredible amps I've ever heard. Very distinct tone, unimaginably brutal while being clear, articulate and defined.
Quote by BobDetroit
Oh, THAT thread......

is there something wrong with the threads i am posting?