Hi, i'm looking to buy a daisy chain to power my board (5 pedals) from one boss adapter. Just wondering if this is safe and acceptable sound wise really?

Regards, Dave.
Yeah it's fine unless you have a digital pedal that consumes alot of current (eg. Boss DD 20)
Quote by Sguit
Yeah it's fine unless you have a digital pedal that consumes alot of current (eg. Boss DD 20)

Thanks for the quick reply. Funny you should say that, thats one of my pedals. Whats my options?
Just take a seperate supply to it? How much do these pedals pull exactly?
Last edited by Hammy135 at Dec 7, 2009,
Quote by Hammy135
Thanks for the quick reply. Funny you should say that, thats one of my pedals. Whats my options?

just use a seperate supply for DD 20, and another daisy chained supply for the rest
Quote by Sguit
just use a seperate supply for DD 20, and another daisy chained supply for the rest

Right oh, thanks for your help.
well, in total, I spent 45 bucks and like, i think 9 cents doing this. I bought a boss 120 adaptor and I bought some attachment that you plug into the end of it. Although I only had 3 pedals, I wanted to not use batteries anymore. but I have 3 things to say.1)It's a great time saver and money saver.2) As you would expect,it's not giving you full power, because there is power being shared between both pedals, so the sounds you get out of them wouldn't be as good as if you had obatteries BUT if i wee you, I'd buy 2 adaptors and 2 of these chains, you'll get much better sound out of it, trust me, I have this stuff.3) If you don't do what i just said, then don't bother hooking one up to a distortion pedal. it really distorts( no pun intended) the sound. It makes it more grainy and less clean. sounds filthy.So you should really power a distortion of a bttery. I have my wah and DD-7 hooked up to the daisy chain from the one adaptor. Works very well.
Gear

Guitars
Ibanez ART 300
Squier Strat
Godin 12 string Antique cedarburst
Ibanez RGD 320

Amps
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60W
Peavey Solo 15 W
Fender 10 W

Effects
Dunlop GCB - 95 Crybaby wah
Boss DD-7 Digital Delay
Boss MT-2 Distortion
Quote by tryhonesty
well, in total, I spent 45 bucks and like, i think 9 cents doing this. I bought a boss 120 adaptor and I bought some attachment that you plug into the end of it. Although I only had 3 pedals, I wanted to not use batteries anymore. but I have 3 things to say.1)It's a great time saver and money saver.2) As you would expect,it's not giving you full power, because there is power being shared between both pedals, so the sounds you get out of them wouldn't be as good as if you had obatteries BUT if i wee you, I'd buy 2 adaptors and 2 of these chains, you'll get much better sound out of it, trust me, I have this stuff.3) If you don't do what i just said, then don't bother hooking one up to a distortion pedal. it really distorts( no pun intended) the sound. It makes it more grainy and less clean. sounds filthy.So you should really power a distortion of a bttery. I have my wah and DD-7 hooked up to the daisy chain from the one adaptor. Works very well.

What are you talking about?
A daisy chain has each pedals in parrallel, so there isn't voltage "charing" and absolutly no sound loss. The only problem you can have witha daisy is that, since all pedals have a common ground, you can get some huming, but no effect on the sound.