Im currently in the process of upgrading my rig, and have been focusing on pedals lately. I mostly play post-punk, post-rock, and shoegaze, but I like to have a versatile setup and Im currently running guitar -> Whammy -> EH Holy Grail -> Boss SD-1 -> EH NYC Big Muff -> Line 6 Verbzilla -> Boss DD-6 (soon TC Nova Repeater), and have been trying to figure out how I want to expand/change it. I plan on buying at least an analog delay, chorus, tremolo, phaser, filter, and some more dirt pedals and maybe a flanger and/or a few odds and ends. Im currently running these into the clean channel of my B-52 AT100 head, but will be getting a Fender Super Reverb or something from the Hot Rod series (depending on what money will allow).

Now, my question is should I expand the pedals as I had normally planned on (ie. getting individual effects) or should I just get a Line 6 M9/M13 and sell the effects I dont need anymore and use the profits to buy things that can do what the M unit cannot do well (this would probably be limited to fuzz, pitch shifting, and reverse reverb)?
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Last edited by IsThereLoveInSp at Dec 7, 2009,
please for the love of god don't sell your pedals for a multi-fx. build slowly. its the best way.
Quote by loudog93
please for the love of god don't sell your pedals for a multi-fx. build slowly. its the best way.

The M9/M13 are pretty incredible units, and most of the models Ive heard sound great (though some of the dirt and modulation are a bit off). Its also much easier to switch sounds when compared to a big pedal board and costs a good amount less. Its pretty tempting, even though the individual effect route is definitely 'cooler' and gives me a bit more control over the sound

Edit: The addition of a looper is nice as well. I think its also worth mentioning that I already have and love the Verbzilla (Particle Verb sounds really nice too) and that I plan on probably getting an FM-4. Perhaps selling the Verbzilla and maybe some other stuff and getting an M9 to go with a bunch of various single effects is a good idea. Hmm...
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Last edited by IsThereLoveInSp at Dec 7, 2009,
Bump. Surely someone here has used an M9 or M13
Board:
If your not pleased with particular effects upgrade those and then ask yourself this question, ive got a multi FX and i only ever use the noise gate, compressor, distortion, wah and flanger and it has loads more.

Ive heard some problems with some Line 6s pedal reliability, not as bad as behringer but it isnt the best quality either. Dont know about those specific ones though.
Gear:
LTD Viper-50
LTD V-250
Line 6 Spider iii 15
Randall RX120R
Boss ME-50
Quote by riflesndaisies
Dont know about those specific ones though.

Its basically a Line 6 DL4, MM4, FM4, DM4, and Verbzilla mashed together with a looper and Whammy.
Board:
Quote by IsThereLoveInSp
Its basically a Line 6 DL4, MM4, FM4, DM4, and Verbzilla mashed together with a looper and Whammy.

I still would not buy it, most MFX are horrendous compared to stompboxes bought seperately,

it doesnt have a Wah
it would probably sound very digital like a lot of line 6s stuff

other than that, looks very customizable and if you've tried it and like it better than your own rig get it.

But i would upgrade pedals instead, much simpler and much better quality
Gear:
LTD Viper-50
LTD V-250
Line 6 Spider iii 15
Randall RX120R
Boss ME-50
^honestly, i don't think line6 products sound that digital, their stuff is definitely better than boss' or digitech's, and their amps kick ass

i did play the m13 last summer, i was impressed, the effects were pretty good, and you have the effects loop option that adds a ton of versatility, it sounded great even through a marshall mg30, and the dirt pedals weren't as bad as i thought they would be
all in all it was a pretty awesome thing, i am considering getting one someday for touring (my pedalboard's worth around 2000, don't want to risk losing it)