Im a right hand player and I was wondering if I could be able to better re-create the jimi sound by taking a left handed guitar and stringing it righty.

Would that give me new sounds and what not?

Thx
I don't think it would really affect your tone. If having the guitar like that helps you get into the mood, then by all means do it, but don't expect any magical changes.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
It would probably do about as much good as a reversed headstock. Which is to say, it might have an effect. But it's not worth the effort, IMO.

Learning how to play completely drugged out of your mind, on the other hand, might be the best way to go about getting that sound.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
It will affect your tone slightly actually if you use a strat, as the bridge pickup will be angled forward on the high strings instead of the low strings.
totally off subject but pbass pirate that shit in your sig about tone is ****ing hilarious.
just get a dick dale style (or w/e it's called, he used it, kevin saale does too lol) faceplate with the reverse angled bridge pup as said.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Obviously the only way to recreate the Jimi sound is to buy one of these.

I hear he played this exact model
wouldn't you have to remove the guitar nut on the headstock
and reverse it??
Ibanez AEL10E BLK- W/ Graph Tech Nut, Saddle and Pins
Duncan Woody XL Pickup w/ stock fishman EQ

Schecter C1+ Darksunburst w/ SH-4 (N) & SH-6 (B) 24.75"
Gain boost Switch
11-14-21w-38w-49w-60w D'Addario strings
ENGL Fireball+Savage+Vader Cab
Jimi's sound was more created by his amps and fuzzfaces along with his hands really. He relied on the neck pickup mostly, so the pickup slant won't do much of anything, and the string lengths is just myth really. It's aesthetic more than anything in my opinion, and the ocntrols just get in your way like that.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Don't forget that jimi could play guitar with his teeth.

Doing that will probably make you sound like him
Quote by MrFlibble
Zakk Wylde actually uses four MGs on stage. One set to crushing overdrive, one set to brutal distortion, one set to crushingly brutal distortion, and the fourth set to brutally crushing overdrive.

Krank Distortion Pedal!!!!
Quote by harkkam
Im a right hand player and I was wondering if I could be able to better re-create the jimi sound by taking a left handed guitar and stringing it righty.

Would that give me new sounds and what not?

Thx

Trust me as a lefty restring has no effect on tone. (besides the obvious tone of new strings)
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Dick dale actually strung his guitar upside down. Or just flipped a righty without changing the strings.

TS your not gonna get some night and day difference stringing a lefty upside down. Most people wouldnt hear a difference at all.