Hey guys, I buy all my gear from research/opinions/youtube, and I've decided I want to get more serious about acoustic playing.

I've taken a look in the sticky for which to buy, but there's so many choices, maybe someone can post in this thread a first hand experience.

Taking a look at the thread and some youtube vids I was set on the Takamine G340SC, but I'm hearing so many good things about other ones in the list too.

So, thoughts on some of those $300> guitars?
Thanks & Godbless.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
I forgot to say, the closest guitar dealer is about an hour and a half away, and I'm in Minnesota and there's already forecast for anywhere from 4-12 inches of snow tomorrow and I can't drive there in that, it's pretty that much until spring.

I will listen to those on your profile.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Take your time when purchasing. I would suggest waiting until you can drive out to the store and take a good look around.

Maybe this will help you out a bit. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1233360
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
i would also recommend you wait till you can try the guitars in person. btw, i find the yamaha fg720s, fg730s and the seagull entourage have much better sound than the tak.
Quote by captivate
Take your time when purchasing. I would suggest waiting until you can drive out to the store and take a good look around.

Maybe this will help you out a bit. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1233360

Yeah I know.. But Christmas etc..
Also, I looked at that thread and I was kinda asking for thoughts on those guitars in this thread.
Thanks dude

Ah this is too crazy.. I might have to wait a few months until the weather is good enough to drive cross-state.

Quote by tr3nt
Ah this is too crazy.. I might have to wait a few months until the weather is good enough to drive cross-state.

You can drive across Minnesota in and hour and a half?!?

I recommend any Seagull. They all get the job done far beyond what you pay.
I tried out the Takamine EG340SC today and really liked it. I felt and sounded great to me. I was on the fence between that and an Ovation Multi-hole Celebrity but I think I'm headed for the Takamine (the EG is $450 though - same thing just Electric).
Aliens do exist. They're just waiting for Chuck Norris to die before they attack.

C4C - Songwriting and Lyrics

- Hung Up on You -
- Apathy Unending -
Quote by GC Shred Off
You can drive across Minnesota in and hour and a half?!?

I recommend any Seagull. They all get the job done far beyond what you pay.

Na, nearest guitar store is over in South Dakota.
and I think i'd be strumming a lot, I don't want my tone to get muddy with the seagull :S