*Pics are Coming*

Seriously wtf....
My saddle just broke and flew away under my strings taking a piece of the bridge with it.

Setting- I was just sitting on my bed playing Modern Warfare 2 on ps3.(Sabotage ftw) Then I hear the loudest shot come from my guitar and I'm like HOLYSHITWTFBBQSAUCE. I think one of my strings snapped or slipped really fast or something because of what happened yesterday. Read Previous thread. I look and run my fingers across the strings to see all the strings are all there. I pick up the guitar and hear something inside the sound hole. I look at my bridge and notice like....wheres my saddle? I see it on the ground and a brown part layer on my bridge. Its the part of the bridge that snapped off and I find it inside my soundhole. I cant believe my luck. Not only may I have to go fix it but I'm going to have to take off all 6 of my strings then strings it all over again. Goddam it. I thought I was finally done with strings slipping now this??

EDIT-I dont know what wrong with 2nd pic. I dont even know if my saddle will stand upright anymore. Its only like an 80$ guitar but still....
Quote by Kyose
You sir are my God.

That game had the best synthesis system ever.

Quote by firebird103
I'm pretty sure you just won the thread. I can confirm everything you just said as well being a heavily qualified geek myself....

Congrats sir
Last edited by Thepredster at Dec 7, 2009,
Quote by patticake
ummm... this isn't a fix, it's a replacement.

Yessir. Don't bother with it TS. Junk is junk.
I agree with patticake. you get what you pay for, man.

just save up the money for a decent one.
Quote by GC Shred Off
Yessir. Don't bother with it TS. Junk is junk.

HEY THATS MY GUITAR YOUR TALKING ABOUT

I didnt pay for it. My mom suprised me with it and she bought it from a garage sale. She knew no better and I really wanted a a classical so we were all happy. As far as getting a new one........ so not gonna happen.
Quote by Kyose
You sir are my God.

Quote by firebird103
I'm pretty sure you just won the thread. I can confirm everything you just said as well being a heavily qualified geek myself....

Congrats sir
Quote by Thepredster
As far as getting a new one........ so not gonna happen.

So glue that sucker back in place and be done with it!
Yeah - you should be able to glue it back together pretty easily - or if you have a Guitar Center (or guitar shop) nearby you can take it to them and they can fix it for you for around $20 or so.
^Thats prolly bout half of what she paid for it. ugggh I cant believe I have to go through tieing it all over. Now wheres that gluestick?
Quote by Kyose
You sir are my God.

Quote by firebird103

Congrats sir
^--That is sarcasm, right? You're not really going to use a gluestick are you?
Glue stick or elmos glue. Scotch tape was first thing to come to be honest. Idk how much guitar glue cost but its $15+ prolly. Thats retarded unless it was a $150 guitar or higher at least.

EDIT- Taking it to the GR would be dumb to. $20 bridge repair on a used $100 guitar.
Quote by Kyose
You sir are my God.

Quote by firebird103

Congrats sir
Last edited by Thepredster at Dec 8, 2009,
Well, I don't think that simple elmer's glue would hold the bridge together, you'd need to get some kind of wood glue or something of the sort that's a bit stronger (I'm not sure on the specifics, my luthier knowledge is just about zero).
Quote by obeythepenguin
You win this thread. Pipe organs FTW.

Quote by ShadesOfGray
Let's take it one step further and add a slogan:

Big Bach is listening you!
Well theres no chance of fixing it. The break was alot worse then I thought and its just not happening with guitar glue. I thought it was only apart that didnt matter but HALF of the bridge that holds the saddle broke off.....yea....I didnt really inspect as much as I should've. Ima have to put down guitar for a while
Quote by Kyose
You sir are my God.

Quote by firebird103

Congrats sir
yea......ima just put it to the side.
Quote by Kyose
You sir are my God.

Quote by firebird103

Congrats sir
I would buy CA glue and i would CA the wood piece on then CA the saddle in also. It will hold.