Im wondering if anyone knows any info about Carvin's.

Its a Carvin MTS 3200 Master Tube Series 50th Anniversary Edition Head and a Carvin 412 cab.

I found one for sale for $400, slightly used, and im wondering if its a good deal? Are they nice? loud? dependable? Good for playing shows?
What kind of sound/distortion do they put out?

Anything i should be suspicious about trying it out? i dont know if it even works.

Any info is appreciated, thanks
Any valve halfstack for $400 seems to good to be true, but who knows - go try it out with your guitar, preferrably at a time you can crank it. Then you'll know exactly.
My cousin has one (the combo version though). That is a GREAT price for the half-stack since the head alone was $650 if I recall correctly. Anyway, they are loud as hell and have a good OD channel (can go from crunch to br00talz). The clean channel is also pretty good, but the OD was always more impressive to me.

Definitely go for this half-stack if you got the cash. You won't be disappointed. Just be sure to make sure it works before though.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Quote by mogar
Just be sure to make sure it works before though.

+1,000

Be prepared to walk away at the slightest hiccup or excuse from the owner ("Oh, don't worry man, that's just a preamp tube fading a little... ).

Unless you're really confident inside amps, this will cost an arm and a leg to service.
I made the mistake of opening one up once, I will never do it again.

Doom & gloom aside, they ARE very solid, workhorse, serious amps, and great for the money.

I'm not a fan of the brootz, but it certainly had a punchy, if a little flat clean, and a nice thick OD. Not grindy, not too complex, just solid push without too much mud.
(this was a mid 90's Master Tube something-or-other)

I think of Carvin as like the Buick of amps.

$400 with cab is a freakin' STEAL, though...