Hello, Im planning on building a guitar amp head, but the cabinet for it costs 150$ So i was wondering if i could build one. Its for a high end JCM 800 tube amp. Is there anything important in the actual structure of the amp head other then just proper screw holes and looks i guess?

Kevin
When you say stucture, do you mean the wooden shell the actual amplifier electronics will be held in? Or do you mean the structure of the electronics itself?
Also: Do you want to make the amp head or do you want to make the cabinet amplifier?
Try to be more clear when posting, it'll help us understand your question(s) alot quicker and yoy will get your answer quicker.
Quote by WtrPlyr
Quote by alans056
Maybe the price tag is clouding your judgment ?
yeah probably. Or the circuits.
Quote by PussyPunk182
When you say stucture, do you mean the wooden shell the actual amplifier electronics will be held in? Or do you mean the structure of the electronics itself?
Also: Do you want to make the amp head or do you want to make the cabinet amplifier?
Try to be more clear when posting, it'll help us understand your question(s) alot quicker and yoy will get your answer quicker.

sorry i want to make a cabnit for the head of the amplifier. The kit im going to buy is just the actual amp itself, it comes with the front and back gold plates for the marshal amp, but thats it.
Quote by kevilay
sorry i want to make a cabnit for the head of the amplifier. The kit im going to buy is just the actual amp itself, it comes with the front and back gold plates for the marshal amp, but thats it.

Can you please send a link of the site your getting the kit off if you are buying it off a site and is it actually licensed by Marshall or just cloned by another brand. Thanks.
Now I see that you just mean an enclosure for the head. I would definitely make my own. Ventilation is important. You can save money making your own, but if you use things like tolex, a leather handle, metal corners, and rubber feet, the price can get up there.
Quote by cedricsmods
Now I see that you just mean an enclosure for the head. I would definitely make my own. Ventilation is important. You can save money making your own, but if you use things like tolex, a leather handle, metal corners, and rubber feet, the price can get up there.

Is there anything I need to worry about other then ventilation. I was thinking of putting a plexi glass front on it with a engraved logo and some neon lights inside. Maybe I'll throw a small fan on the enclosure to vent out hot air? What do you guys think? I was thinking maybe I could get the marshal enclosure for 150$ then instead of using the mesh front id use the plexi glass Idea. I think I want to stay away from having the marshal name on it since its not an original marshal

Kevin
Quote by kevilay
Is there anything I need to worry about other then ventilation. I was thinking of putting a plexi glass front on it with a engraved logo and some neon lights inside. Maybe I'll throw a small fan on the enclosure to vent out hot air? What do you guys think? I was thinking maybe I could get the marshal enclosure for 150$ then instead of using the mesh front id use the plexi glass Idea. I think I want to stay away from having the marshal name on it since its not an original marshal

Kevin

I was actually thinking of doing exactly this.
Except my amp's an AVT150, I've got the panels off for me to measure up how much plexi i need.
As far as i know there should be no problem with replacing the panels since all they cover is air space
Quote by Bigsteve92
I was actually thinking of doing exactly this.
Except my amp's an AVT150, I've got the panels off for me to measure up how much plexi i need.
As far as i know there should be no problem with replacing the panels since all they cover is air space

Awesome post some pics when ur done

Kevin
Quote by kevilay
Awesome post some pics when ur done

Kevin

I will do.

What's holding me back is that i need some kinda cool design for the plexi front panel since I'm gonna do it using the Laser CNC machine at college so I can etch something cool on it

I think I'll have a Marshall logo etched on the middle like on the original and then some kind of design that adds to it.

Don't suppose you could suggest somewhere for the plexi?
Quote by Bigsteve92
I will do.

What's holding me back is that i need some kinda cool design for the plexi front panel since I'm gonna do it using the Laser CNC machine at college so I can etch something cool on it

I think I'll have a Marshall logo etched on the middle like on the original and then some kind of design that adds to it.

Don't suppose you could suggest somewhere for the plexi?

Not sure, I actually work at a tool and die shop, was going to use a CNC to . For plexi Id check out some local glass places, most of them would carry plexi.

Kevin