I just noticed when I hit the Big E string, the D string vibrates too. I mute the E string and I can hear the D still ringing.

I made sure nothing that I know of is causing this but maybe EG would know?

I got it tuned to drop D if that matter, and have 11's on my guitar.
Turtles R awesome. dont agree? YOU GO TO HELL, YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!

PSN: Purple-munky

Gear...
Ion - acoustic guitar.
Cort KX1Q - i smashed it
Fender Super Champ XD 15w
Stagg G-310 - i smashed it.
when an object is vibrating at x frequency, other nearby objects with a frequency equal to x will resonate, or vibrate in sympathy with, the original object. also, a frequency of 440 will resonate with one of 220, 880, etc, so multiples also (harmonics)
you know, ive owned 8 different guitars over my lifetime, and right now i have 3. i wanna know what the hell happened...i mean the picks and cables are understandable, they disappear into thin air all the time, but guitars?

Simplify please. I know that your an expert now. Just simplify it.

When I muted the E string, it sounded like a harmonic on the 12 fret. Not sure of the name, I just play guitar and learn the tricks.
Turtles R awesome. dont agree? YOU GO TO HELL, YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!

PSN: Purple-munky

Gear...
Ion - acoustic guitar.
Cort KX1Q - i smashed it
Fender Super Champ XD 15w
Stagg G-310 - i smashed it.
does your guitar have slideing T's on the headstock?
I have found if your strings aren't tight enough
between the tuners and the nut you can have that
string make noise when playing other strings.

I'm not sure if this is what your experiencing but its
something worth checking out
Ibanez AEL10E BLK- W/ Graph Tech Nut, Saddle and Pins
Duncan Woody XL Pickup w/ stock fishman EQ

Schecter C1+ Darksunburst w/ SH-4 (N) & SH-6 (B) 24.75"
Gain boost Switch
11-14-21w-38w-49w-60w D'Addario strings
ENGL Fireball+Savage+Vader Cab
Quote by rhoadsfan92
when an object is vibrating at x frequency, other nearby objects with a frequency equal to x will resonate, or vibrate in sympathy with, the original object. also, a frequency of 440 will resonate with one of 220, 880, etc, so multiples also (harmonics)

In layman's terms, if something is vibrating at one note, anything that shares that note will vibrate a little too. Hence the dropped D making your regular D string ring out.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
the reason why it sounds like your low D makes it sound like it's on the 12th fret harmonic is because that harmonic is the same pitch as the open 4th string (D string). but if you're playing one note that is the same note as one of the other open strings, and you're not muting your strings properly, the strings will start ringing out.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Sympathetic Vibration is what it's called.
It resonates at the same frequency, but doubled.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.