"If I could write a letter full of words, with thousands of symbols lined up on a page. All in aid of making you see inside my mind. With extravagant mixes of feelings and nouns, would it impress you? or would you rather I just wrote the word "love" instead.....?

Im sure if i could bring myself to use such a simple word, you would read it over and over. Concentrating only on those four letters. It wouldn't matter how many other things i had to tell you, the complexities of my feelings. You're tunnel visioned heart is sure to ignore all distractions.

After all love conqors hate, eradicates darkness from every corner of the world. All you need is love. I guess that my only hope is that if i ever could write such a letter........ you would understand."

(okay so maybe i wrote that in a little bit of anger )

Right.... so pit,is love a made up thing, used only to sell chocolates, flowers and cards.... or is it real??

EDIT: also what effect do you think the media have on the image of love, portraying "love at first sight" etc.....
Last edited by funny_page at Dec 7, 2009,
What is love
Baby don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
no more
Baby don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
no more
What is love
Yeah

████████████████████

███████████████████████
███████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████

█████████████████████

████████████████████
An intense attachment to another.

Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Quote by speedy1330
What is love
Baby don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
no more
Baby don't hurt me
Don't hurt me
no more
What is love
Yeah

THIS!

Love is what you make of it I guess, but mind you you'll probably get a load of people going on about how it isn't real and stuff to do with science now
"If I told you that, I'd have to kill you."
"Why is it like.. top secret?"
"No."

Last.fm
Love is real to me. I love guitar, and a certain person, those are the two things I think about all the time. Love is something that brings you happiness and would devastate you to have to be without, or something along those lines in my opinion.
- ---------
-- --------
--- -------
---- ------
----- -----
------ ----
------- ---
-------- --
--------- -
Quote by JacobLampman
Love is real to me. I love guitar, and a certain person, those are the two things I think about all the time. Love is something that brings you happiness and would devastate you to have to be without, or something along those lines in my opinion.

I make a clear distinction to things I love and the person I am in love with
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Love is an excuse for usually decent people to act like morons. It is nothing but an illusion of need.
SCALD
Quote by Phill-Rock
That, or being absolutely broke - though you always find money for cigarettes, then end up even more broke.

so true ^.

Quote by smb
I think it's a type of fish.

PM me for GP5
Quote by Venice King
I make a clear distinction to things I love and the person I am in love with

I obviously love the two things in different ways, I guess I have to be very specific,

Person > Guitar, obviously.

"I love to play guitar" and "I love you" have two clearly different meanings.
- ---------
-- --------
--- -------
---- ------
----- -----
------ ----
------- ---
-------- --
--------- -
It's like ice cream. It's tasty, it's nice, but once it's melted, it's a ****ing piece of useless ****.
I don't believe in true love as advertised by the mass media of today.

I believe in familiarity, physical attraction, mental compatibility and mutual fondness. While most people would describe a condition containing all of those criteria as love, I merely define it as a relationship that exists on those four foundations. That's what love is.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
It's a WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY OF FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELING
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
It's a word that's been overused to the point where it means little.

That doesn't mean the real thing doesn't exist.
XIAOXI
Last edited by Abunai X at Dec 7, 2009,
Love: what Hallmark invented to sell cards. At least in my book.

LOVE IS BALLS
If 4 more people tell me to go back to writing The Vanishing Point, I will.

UG's Commie Pinko Bedwetter
So basically this thread is gonna be filled with two kinds of people; ones who are nasty, bitter and against using the word love and ones who have had a relationship.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Quote by Venice King
So basically this thread is gonna be filled with two kinds of people; ones who are nasty, bitter and against using the word love and ones who have had a relationship.

Pretty much
"If I told you that, I'd have to kill you."
"Why is it like.. top secret?"
"No."

Last.fm
Quote by Venice King

I dont think its totally bitterness..... you cant deny that the media plays a huge part in marketing "true" love and "love at first sight". do big companies WANT us to fall in love???
Quote by Venice King

Me: Never been in a relationship. Not against love.
- ---------
-- --------
--- -------
---- ------
----- -----
------ ----
------- ---
-------- --
--------- -
Quote by k1ng_pooh
Love is an excuse for usually decent people to act like morons. It is nothing but an illusion of need.

Quote by dudetheman

I believe in familiarity, physical attraction, mental compatibility and mutual fondness. While most people would describe a condition containing all of those criteria as love, I merely define it as a relationship that exists on those four foundations. That's what love is.

I see the romantics have arrived
Love is the most amazing, yet most painful thing that you will ever experience.

"Love is short, forgetting is long"
RIP Tom Searle.
Last edited by MH400 at Dec 7, 2009,
Quote by funny_page
I dont think its totally bitterness..... you cant deny that the media plays a huge part in marketing "true" love and "love at first sight". do big companies WANT us to fall in love???

I must say, the whole concept of "love at first sight" irritates me rather a lot.
XIAOXI
Quote by MH400
Love is the most amazing, yet most painful thin that you will ever experience.

I was going to post something like this but I went for my ice-cream metaphor.
you know, most of the pit is gonna say love doesn't exist because they either:
1. Are conceited social losers who gave up on getting a girlfriend because of their social status.
2. Just went through a break up of what they thought was love.
3. Haven't experienced such a feeling yet.
4. Are gay.

The percentage of the pit who are in a relationship/engaged/married will say that love exists because they believe that it does because they're in love.

And then those who are in the exceptions group, the people who have never been in a relationship but believe in love.

I personally think love exists. There are different kinds of love however.
I love my girlfriend, but i don't love her in the same way i love my family, or music, or my friends. I love her with in a different way. I love my family in a different way, my music different, my friends different. I believe that love certainly exists. Without love, life would cease to have meaning. I believe that life would be boring and feelingless without love. It's such an incredible feeling for those who have experienced it, and for those who haven't, don't doubt it's existence because once you feel it, you'll know.

Love is the same as any other human emotion, yet it's a strong one. It's the same as happiness, sadness, depression, anger, ecstasy, lust, hate, dislike, apathy, it's an emotion. It has an extreme opposite, which is apathy, not giving a damn.

I know love exists.
Quote by Smokey Amp
Aren't all voiceovers performed by Morgan Freeman?

I thought that was like a law or something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1KI2Bxcx8M
^^^^ Please watch this! we need more views to win $20 000!
Last edited by Dumebuggy at Dec 7, 2009,
Quote by MH400
Love is the most amazing, yet most painful thin that you will ever experience.

I believe a blues song about drinking is now necessary
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVq27glkY_A
Country, blues close enough
Anyway, I've never been in love, but I believe in it.
Love exists. I've experienced it. And I can honestly say that my previous post is completely true.

The special thing is that it was "First love", and it was mutual. She told me and then I told her
RIP Tom Searle.
Quote by funny_page

The media portrays things differently obviously, doesn't mean it's not there in the first place. They just exploit what is a huge social force. Advertisers too.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Quote by Venice King
The media portrays things differently obviously, doesn't mean it's not there in the first place. They just exploit what is a huge social force. Advertisers too.

okay, so there is love. But is it over hyped?? every romantic moment or kiss on tv/movies is in slow mo, with dramatic music and ive even seen sparkles falling from the sky in a kiss....

does this kind of set up make us believe (and even kid us into feeling) that love is much bigger and more important that it actually is. thinking of kids watching one tree hill growing up with very high expectations here

and advertswhich lead us to think that the more you spend on a person, the more love is shown.....
Last edited by funny_page at Dec 7, 2009,
Of course it exists. It's futile to debate otherwise, and doing so seems a mere attempt at rebelling against popular conception for the sake of it.

Love exists to ensure that we propagate as a species (although this could be put down to lust) and also exists to ensure that our offspring survive into adulthood for further propagation. It's as simple as that.

Love at first sight probably exists...evidence suggests people are wired to intrinsically feel great affection for people who are similar to themselves physically. Presumably if the similarity is great enough it could cause extreme attraction or "love" at first sight.
What is mountains? A mountains has no special shapes or sound!

Epic Chill Broseph Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join.

Quote by funny_page
okay, so there is love. But is it over hyped?? every romantic moment or kiss on tv/movies is in slow mo, with dramatic music and ive even seen sparkles falling from the sky in a kiss....

does this kind of set up make us believe (and even kid us into feeling) that love is much bigger and more important that it actually is. thinking of kids watching one tree hill growing up with very high expectations here

and advertswhich lead us to think that the more you spend on a person, the more love is shown.....

I don't think it is portrayed in an accurate way of course not, it is glamorised but I wouldn't say Love can't be amazing. If anything these media outlets just make them seem cheesy and cheap, love is a feeling that happens in places where they don't have such media outlets and ofcourse in times where there have been none so I wouldn't say it is having a huge impact but I guess it's too early to tell. I don't think it will, love will always be there, but I just assume that the approach will be based on true feelings as opposed to what they saw on tv and how they should act accordingly

Oh and I don't believe in the money spent=love thing and I wouldn't be happy being in a relationship with anyone who felt that way.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Quote by funny_page

Of course. People want to have meaning in their lives. Most people cannot simply accept that their lives have no purpose but to ensure the continuity of the species. The media exploits this lust for meaning by portraying love as more than it actually is, and by so doing win over the general populus
What is mountains? A mountains has no special shapes or sound!

Epic Chill Broseph Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join.

It's real but it is very rare and only few people have experienced love.
Skip the username, call me Billy
Quote by funny_page
or would you rather I just wrote the word "love" instead.....?

I guess that my only hope is that if i ever could write such a letter........ you would understand."

Right.... so pit,is love a made up thing, used only to sell chocolates, flowers and cards.... or is it real??

EDIT: also what effect do you think the media have on the image of love, portraying "love at first sight" etc.....

I know what hate is. Its what I'm feeling towards your improper formatting of ellipses.
MATTERHORN
Quote by Doctor Matthews
I know what hate is. Its what I'm feeling towards your improper formatting of ellipses.

i always got told off at school for that! haha guess i should have actually done something about it ...

It's a way of feeling less alone. I don't know what all the fuss is about, to be honest.

Also, it's about control.

EDIT:
Quote by flame843
Love? The paradox of needing.
Love? Make way for breeding.
This too.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by funny_page
i always got told off at school for that! haha guess i should have actually done something about it ...

Its all good.
MATTERHORN