Are they the same thing? If not, what makes them different?

Thanks
Fender 60th Anniv MIM Strat (SD Little 59er Br)
Agile AL-2000 Rootbeer Flame (GFS Vtg '59)
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
GFS Chorus
DS-1
em i think they are different. but here is another question... could i have a good fender strat tone if i put a fender pickup (middle position) in my jackson dk2?? because i love fender strats but i dont think it would be a good deal for to buy one.
Quote by ChrixtianB
em i think they are different. but here is another question... could i have a good fender strat tone if i put a fender pickup (middle position) in my jackson dk2?? because i love fender strats but i dont think it would be a good deal for to buy one.

Make a new thread about your question dude, don't threadjack. Also your answer is no.

Have you googled it TS?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Whoa there with the thread-jack, ChrixtianB.

But if you want to compare Tex-Mex and Texas Specials, try listening to Los Lonely Boys and Stevie Ray Vaughn. I'm not quite sure what pickups they all use, but the Tex-Mex pickups would probably sound much closer to Los Lonely Boys, and the Texas Specials would sound more like SRV. I hope that helps.

And ChrixtianB, you could very well put in a Strat pickup. But the middle pickup is generally tonally bland, compared to the neck and bridge. You can't really mimic a Strat with just that one pickup. Your best bet is to just get one...
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
Im eager to know if anyone else has used texas specials too. I want them for my basswood strat.
*lust list*
Vox tone lab
Vox ac50
satchurator
satches time machine
vintage phase 90
Money towards this gear = $0.00

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Yeah I dreamt I was fighting Master Hand, but then I woke up to realize I was jackin' it in my sleep.
I have the texas specials in my 'fender' parts-caster. Not sure what the difference between them and the tex mex's are though...