So I finally got a pretty sweet "core" rig: a Vox AC15CC1 and a Godin LGX.

Now I'm looking to expand it a bit with pedals, but I don't know which ones I should get?
I like to play most everything except for metal. Mostly blues, classic rock and jazz.

What I'll be needing:
Overdrive (maybe 2 - one more transparent and one more "marshally")
Delay (1 analog, 1 digital?)
Fuzz (I like a vintage type fuzz, not too over-the-top)
Wah (I have a Crybaby, but I HATE it! Any other recommendations?)
Maybe a flanger at some point

I'd prefer the pedals to be analog, true bypass and under ~100$.

I'll definitely try to buy 'em used.

Thanks!
sorry to break it to you but the AC15 doesn't take pedals that well. i suggest you try each pedal before you buy.
OD - TS-9

Fuzz - EHX Big Muff

Wah - Fulltone Clyde
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Quote by TOMMYB22
OD - TS-9

Fuzz - EHX Big Muff

Wah - Fulltone Clyde

wow honestly thats horrible advice. the AC15 is already mid-heavy if you add a ts-9 it will sound REALLY thin and bitty.

and he said he wanted a vintage fuzz which the big muff is not. trust me i have one...i like it but i wouldn't call it at all vintage. i would suggest a fuzz face clone instead.
for delay- EHX Memory Boy
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Overdrive- Danelectro Cool Cat Transparent Overdrive and an EHX Big Muff
Delay- BOSS DD-3? (not true bypass, if i am correct.)
Fuzz- Big Muff Pi? might be too much like the regular Big Muff. I don't know.
Wah- I have no idea. Besides the Ibanez Weeping Demon. I would say a Vox wah but that's too much like the Dunlop.
I don't know about flangers.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
Overdrive- Digitech Bad Monkey or Digitech Hardwire OD
Delay- EHX Memory Man
Fuzz- Dunlop Fuzz Face or ZVex Fuzz Factory
Wah- Ibanez Weeping Demon or Morley Bad Horsie
Flanger- EHX Electric Mistress
I'd suggest the EHX Double Muff over the Big Muff Pi if you're looking for a not so over the top fuzziness. The Double muff is smoother. Try both.

I've heard Tubescreamer-like pedals are really transparent and not something you want to use clean to achieve overdrive. Just to push the amp overdrive a bit more. Again, just what I've heard.

I would go Analog first for delays, they just seem to yell more vintage type sounds (I've tried both and prefer analog, but again, that's just me). Digital may be more of what you want though.

Wahs are tricky, but at least look at the Fulltone Clyde McCoy (is that right?). I've heard they have a really classy sweet sounding wah sweep.

If you're more into classic rock I'd look more into phaser than flangers. Flangers are cool (I've got a BF-2) but if I played a lot of classic rock, I'd look at phasers instead.
why do people recommend a big muff when people say they want vintage fuzz. and to the bloke above, the big muff and big muff pi are the same thing, notice the pi sign under the words big muff. the vox is nothing like the crybaby.

i'm not sure of the prices over there in america but a great vintage sounding fuzz is the barber trifecta. pretty versatile and sounds great to me. wah is extremely subjective so i won't recommend you one, do what i did and just go and try every wah you can get your hands on.

because i don't really know prices i'll leave it at that, but i'm thinking you will be hard pressed to find an analogue delay for $100, maybe a used carbon copy, actually the memory toy should be close to $100 new.

EDIT: ^ tubescreamers are anything but transparent, they completely change the eq of your sound, TS maybe look into a boss sd1 with monte allums mods to change it to TS808 specs and with switches for double gain and a switch for mid boost and flat eq. awsomely versatile OD.
Last edited by joe_k at Dec 7, 2009,
Quote by Quinlan
I'd suggest the EHX Double Muff over the Big Muff Pi if you're looking for a not so over the top fuzziness. The Double muff is smoother. Try both.

I've heard Tubescreamer-like pedals are really transparent and not something you want to use clean to achieve overdrive. Just to push the amp overdrive a bit more. Again, just what I've heard.

I would go Analog first for delays, they just seem to yell more vintage type sounds (I've tried both and prefer analog, but again, that's just me). Digital may be more of what you want though.

Wahs are tricky, but at least look at the Fulltone Clyde McCoy (is that right?). I've heard they have a really classy sweet sounding wah sweep.

If you're more into classic rock I'd look more into phaser than flangers. Flangers are cool (I've got a BF-2) but if I played a lot of classic rock, I'd look at phasers instead.

i use my ts-9 with my twin reverb to get my lead tone. it's the complete opposite of "transparent" drive.
Quote by JayLacelle
wow honestly thats horrible advice. the AC15 is already mid-heavy if you add a ts-9 it will sound REALLY thin and bitty.

and he said he wanted a vintage fuzz which the big muff is not. trust me i have one...i like it but i wouldn't call it at all vintage. i would suggest a fuzz face clone instead.

Brian May uses a treble booster on his top boosted AC30. His tone is not thin.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Quote by TOMMYB22

an ac30 is not an ac15 and brian may doesn't use the new custom classic vox's.
Quote by joe_k
an ac30 is not an ac15 and brian may doesn't use the new custom classic vox's.

True but the AC30 is even brighter than the AC15
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
Quote by TOMMYB22

how is a "treble booster" the same as a tubesceamer?????
For a transparent overdrive, you could up your budget to $120 and wait many a month for a Paul C Timmy. > . > Or you could find a Dano Transparent OD V1. I would suggest a Catalinbread DLS. You might have to up your budget to get most of the things I'm gonna suggest tbh, but it's worth it

Treble booster doesnt really add treble as such. It's a style of overdrive, rather than using an EQ pedal, but just boosting the treble ranges.

The Double Muff is absolutely nothing like the Big Muff.
I would suggest looking into a Fuzz Face clone of some sort (NOT the reissuse fuzz faces from dunlop). The MJM London Fuzz for example.

For delay, I would suggest the Malekko 616. Beautiful pedal.

I'd too suggest phaser rather than flanger. The Red Witch Moon phaser is a great one.