I have a question for people who have played BOTH the OD-9, and the OD808. If you own both, that would be great. I bought my OD-9 a few months ago because I got a pretty good deal on it I think. I bought it after only watching video demos of the 808 and the OD9.

Basically I have a question about the tonal characteristics between the 2. I've often read the Ibanez tubesceamers had a common problem, they sucked the bass out of the tone. Well I bought the OD9 because I read that the OD9's did not have that problem. My first question, does the Maxon OD808 suffer the same problem that the Ibanez tubescreamers do? I know that Maxon produced these for Ibanez for many years, but maxon tweaked a them a bit (I.E. adding true bypass to the OD-9) when they released them on their own, but I wasnt sure about the 808.

Also, does the 808 have the same mid boost that the OD9 does? More or less? I love my OD9 except that I dont like the mid range increase particularly when its engaged. I just have my amp EQ'd to my liking, but engaging the pedal (I use it all the time for extra crunch) makes it bite a little more than I'd like. If also heard the OD808 is a bit darker than the OD9, is this very noticeable when used to drive an already driven amp like I use it for? Or is it really only noticeable when used as a sole overdrive tone?

I really appreciate the help.
Fender American Select Strat HSS Antique Burst
Fender American Select Strat HSS Transparent Crimson
Fender American Deluxe Strat
PRS Custom 24 USA
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Parker PDF100
From what I've heard/seen, their both going to have the midboost and to some degree bass suckage. If you really don't like those characteristics you might want to go with a "transparent" overdrive. (Fulltone OCD, Danelectro makes one too)
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
I've been aware of the OCD for a while, but have never looked into it. Though I see many people using it, so it must pretty good. Thanks for that suggestion, that's what I was hoping for, suggestions.
Fender American Select Strat HSS Antique Burst
Fender American Select Strat HSS Transparent Crimson
Fender American Deluxe Strat
PRS Custom 24 USA
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Parker PDF100