Picked up these two today.

The '69 is sweet pedal. Real sweet. It has Toshiba Ge transistors in it. I have the internal trimmer almost fully counter-clockwise. This roughs the fuzz up a little. Really cleans up with the guitars volume knob.

The MXR really suprised me. Nice little box. I wanted a simple EQ to put in my Tim's loop. First off, it is very quiet. My GE-7 is noisy as balls. The eq on my Graphic Fuzz is nice too. Just a hassle sometimes, with it's power adapter.

I've been seriously considering buying that MXR Eq. I even had it in my cart ready to buy. I was buying it to hopefully take some of the brightness out of my amp. Does it sound natural? I've heard the GE-7 sounds too "digital".
Fender American Select Strat HSS Antique Burst
Fender American Select Strat HSS Transparent Crimson
Fender American Deluxe Strat
PRS Custom 24 USA
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Parker PDF100
HNPD...

The MXR 6 band looks helluva slim compared to the 10 bands.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by CkY freak
I've been seriously considering buying that MXR Eq. I even had it in my cart ready to buy. I was buying it to hopefully take some of the brightness out of my amp. Does it sound natural? I've heard the GE-7 sounds too "digital".

I guess you can call it natural. I like how it doesn't have a volume slider. I think this makes it sound more like your amp's eq. Whereas the GE-7 and GF's EQ, puts a "mask" over your signal.
It's nice to see a more boutique-minded UG user using a graphic EQ pedal. HNPD.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Dude, too many pedals.

Too many.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
I've been using the MXR EQ a lot, these past couple days. I'm very impressed by it.

I have 2 other EQ pedals to compare it with. They are the Boss GE-7 and an EHX Graphic Fuzz. You can use the EQ alone, on the Grapic Fuzz.

The amps I used it with are an AC15, TopHat Club Royale, '59 Bassman RI, and last but not least, a Champion 600. Only 2 guitars so far, a LP jr and Strat.

Really easy to use too. From left to right, the sliders work the following. The first two work the lower frequencies. The middle two are for the mids and the last two are for treble.

First thing I noticed was how quiet the MXR is. This is with a battery and adapter. The other 2 EQs have some background noise with them. The GE-7 being the worst.

Above, a forum member asked if the word "natural" described the MXR. The more I use it and think about it. Yes, natural is a very good way to described the MXR. The other 2 EQs seem to put a band-aid, or impose, it's own tone onto your signal. Whereas the the MXR seems "natural". It seems like an extension of your amp's EQ.

Like all MXR pedals, this thing is built like a brick. I think I paid around $79 for it. So it is fairly inexpensive.

If you are looking for an EQ pedal and you have a small to moderate budget. You should check the MXR 6-Band out.
Last edited by The Real Ming at Dec 9, 2009,
Quote by The Real Ming
I've been using the MXR EQ a lot, these past couple days. I'm very impressed by it.

I've been considering getting a MXR EQ for some time now after I sold a Boss GE-7, and I am still not sure of which one to get as I can't seem to justify the need for a ten band.

Ming, is the 10 band worth the extra money or should the 6 band do fine?
Quote by bogg808
I've been considering getting a MXR EQ for some time now after I sold a Boss GE-7, and I am still not sure of which one to get as I can't seem to justify the need for a ten band.

Ming, is the 10 band worth the extra money or should the 6 band do fine?

I never used the 10 band. From what I read, it is kind of an overkill for guitar.

I reviewed the 6 band a little bit above. I was having problems with UG last night. I typed out kind of a review and UG would freeze up when I went to post it. So I was just seeing it if posted what I typed. That is the part you qouted.
thanks Ming, I think i might actually go with the 6 band because of its simplicity and price in comparison to the 10 band. Plus the 6 band only uses 9V instead of 18V.
Once again, thanks.
been reading some of these posts and i have to agree, the 10 band isnt worth the extra money (and pedal size). for guitar it works absolutely perfectly and is extremely sensitive to any minute adjustments.

it's total overkill when the gain sliders are pushed to the extremes, which kinda makes me wonder why the 10 band even exists.
Quote by bogg808
thanks Ming, I think i might actually go with the 6 band because of its simplicity and price in comparison to the 10 band. Plus the 6 band only uses 9V instead of 18V.
Once again, thanks.

Awesome!!!

This is why I have NPDs. There is a tiny bit of me wanting to show off. Though, helping someone out, is my main goal.