Poll: Where do you place your wah?
Poll Options
View poll results: Where do you place your wah?
After distortion pedal
5 15%
Before distortion pedal
28 85%
Voters: 33.
Mainly i am referring to how you hook it up in your effects chain. i don't feel that it is necessary to go into how wah placement effects wah tone, i am just interested to see what people actually use.

if you cared enough to take the poll then you may care enough to say how long you been playing and what genre you play. thx
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
After my distortion. Not sure why, I've just always done it that way. Been playing for 3 years. Play Grunge, Punk, Hard Rock, Classic Rock, some blues.
Last edited by Novationband at Dec 7, 2009,
i place mine after my overdrive pedal (if im using one that is. i usually just drive the amp)

playing for 11 years
play blues, hard rock, country, and folk

edit: ^
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Dec 7, 2009,
to tell you the truth i've never tried it after my distortion pedal because i usually just go guitar-wah-amp
but when i use the distortion pedal the wah comes first
Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Quote by Truespin
you can't use a guitar to replace your lack of charm or social skills.

Worked for Malmsteen.
I usually place it between the amp and the guitar, which is not where I usually hear it recommended to go. People usually tell me that based on what it's doing to the tone, you should put it after the preamp, but that has just never sounded as good to me.

I've been playing for 2 years now.
I play Alternative Rock, Metal, Punk, and Progressive (and occasionally make backing tracks for raps)
Quote by gatechballer
who said anything about a distortion pedal? I just do guitar-wah-amp.

i had originall put 'distortion source' but it looked feeble and awkward. i thought i would just use 'distortion pedal' for an universal analogue. almost mentioned it in the opening post but... w/e.

thx to those with the genre responses. and i liked how you mentioned the reason for you placements.

-ae
I put it first in my chain. I don't like how it sounds after everything else. It's too synth like after distortion. If I wanted that sound I'd just get a Parachute Wah.

Been playing for 6 years and I play Jazz, Funk, Blues, Classic Rock, Prog Rock, Hair Metal, a bit of Reggae, Prog Metal, Thrash, Classical, etc. Basically a bit of everything.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Last edited by mmolteratx at Dec 7, 2009,
thx again guys. i was actually expecting closer to a 30/70 - after/before split(mainly b/c of the fact that certain people won't have wah's which limits their use potential). i was also postulating that certain musical styles lend themselves more to one placement of the wah over another which would dictate where you would prefer to place the wah.

-ae