I'm thinking about getting a 7 string guitar and i know schecter and ibanez make some pretty solid 7 strings. But my friend told me about a company called Agile and they pretty cheap but they seem to be really well built. So i guess wt i'm asking is if you guys can give your opinions on some of the 7 string brands. Oh, and price range is like 1,200$ US atmost
You may can buy the 7 string ESP Horizon
Be sure to determine what type of wood
you like on a guitar for 7 strings in person!
I'd look in this order

ESP
Schecter
Ibanez

from a google search the Agile series seem to look built pretty well
although I have not put my hands on one to know how they sound
Ibanez AEL10E BLK- W/ Graph Tech Nut, Saddle and Pins
Duncan Woody XL Pickup w/ stock fishman EQ

Schecter C1+ Darksunburst w/ SH-4 (N) & SH-6 (B) 24.75"
Gain boost Switch
11-14-21w-38w-49w-60w D'Addario strings
ENGL Fireball+Savage+Vader Cab
Quote by Smarglefarb
Schecter 7-strings are trash.

what makes you say that? i've had my eye on the loomis signature for a while...
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
yeah, i'm gonna go try all these guitars out but i can't test out an agile because they don't sell em at guitarcenter/samash
What type of bridge?
What type of neck joint?
What type of pickup layout?
What type of pickups?
What woods?
Anything else?
I think i want a maple fretboard, emg pickups (the 707s are for 7 strings i think), i like mahogany bodies, i like heavier guitars but as long as they sound good im fine. and a floyd rose on the bridge would be great. preferably a "fast" neck with 24 frets as well
I've heard good things about Agial, but I've only played the more expensive ones so I can't say about the cheaper ones, but there pertty nice guitars. I'm looking at a Ibanez RG7321FM with the flamed maple top, gona install a custom Barenuckle Warpig in the bridge.
I have an older Schecter A7 Elite with EMGS and i LOVE it! hasnt let me down, Id go schecter for 7 strings hands down
Schecter 7-strings have thicker necks, you might want to try one first.
Ibanez has thin necks, but you might have to change pickups, depends on if you like ibanex pickups or not
ESP, never played one of there 7-string, so can;t offer an opinion
also, check out the Carvin DC727, they seem to be liked around here
Gear:
Ernie Ball MusicMan JP7
Schecter Hellraiser 006
Mesa Boogie Road King s.2
Mesa Boogie 4x12 Recto cab

Ibanez Keeley TS-9
TC Electronics G-Force
Amp Gizmo
Voodoo Labs GCX
Voodoo Labs Ground Control Pro
Quote by Ddaydevice13
I think i want a maple fretboard, emg pickups (the 707s are for 7 strings i think), i like mahogany bodies, i like heavier guitars but as long as they sound good im fine. and a floyd rose on the bridge would be great. preferably a "fast" neck with 24 frets as well

http://www.zzounds.com/item--IBARG1527M Misses out on a few parts but this is really close. I think the next closest one would be the Schecter Loomis sig but I'm not too sure about the price and also the neck well that's a bit of a personal preference and it has an ash body I think.
just to add, the Schecter is roughly 1K

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Jeff-Loomis-C7-FR-Electric-Guitar?sku=513832

There are very few 7 strings that utilize a maple fretboard, still I would test both out
if you can
Ibanez AEL10E BLK- W/ Graph Tech Nut, Saddle and Pins
Duncan Woody XL Pickup w/ stock fishman EQ

Schecter C1+ Darksunburst w/ SH-4 (N) & SH-6 (B) 24.75"
Gain boost Switch
11-14-21w-38w-49w-60w D'Addario strings
ENGL Fireball+Savage+Vader Cab
Shecter's are the furthest thing from trash.

if i were you, i would look into one of the carvin 7 strings and buy it custom because everything i have played through from carvin, amps and guitars alike, have been made amazingly
ADD OUR BAND ALUSTRIUM
Gear:
Carvin DC727
Schecter Hellraiser FR
Carvin V3
Carvin 412V-30 Cab
Kirk Hammett Cry Baby
EVH Phase 90
MXR Black Label Chorus
Digitech Whammy
ISP G-String Decimator
Line 6 EchoPark
Quote by Ddaydevice13

I got this.
Look at all of the guitars from Agile Hornet Pro 725 to the end

They've all got:

- Set necks (Hornet Pro 725 models)
- Neck-thru construction (Interceptor Pro 725 models)
- EMG-707/707 pickups
- Licensed Floyd Rose tremolos
- Ebony fretboards (Hornet Pro and Interceptor Pro 727 EB models)
- Maple fretboards (Interceptor Pro 727 MN models)
- Mahogany bodies
- 24 frets
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.