Hey guys,

So I have amassed a decent little pedal setup for home right now ( don't gig, I wish).

I have a Bad Monkey on the way, a Phase 90, Boss EQ and Boss DD-7.

Question is, I have adapters for each for now (yes I know batteries give better tone), but when I am done playing I just turn them off, I do NOT unplug the adapters from the pedal. All of these are in a surge protector by the way.

Is this a no no?

Thanks!
Blackstar ID:15TVP
2001 MIA Strat (SD '59/Stock/CustomCustom)
Early 80s Fernandes The Revival '57
Generally, when running off batteries, when cables are in, it drains the battery. At least, that's been my experience.

I've never heard anything about batteries providing better tone, though.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by BaffAttack

+1

And as for your question, I don't see anything wrong with it.
nothing wrong with leaving the adapters plugged in and just turning the pedals off
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Oh, man, did I misread the question.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
It should be fine as long as your surge protector actually work. Batteries only sound "better" (it's a matter of preference really) in dirt pedals, not in any other kind of effects.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
nope. sometimes my pedals are on all day and I don't realize it. I used to feel bad about it, until I started buying pedals with the Energy Star logo on them.

Through its partnerships with more than 15,000 private and public sector organizations, ENERGY STAR delivers the technical information and tools that organizations and consumers need to choose energy-efficient solutions and best management practices. ENERGY STAR has successfully delivered energy and cost savings across the country, saving businesses, organizations, and consumers about $19 billion in 2008 alone. Over the past decade, ENERGY STAR has been a driving force behind the more widespread use of such technological innovations as efficient fluorescent lighting, power management systems for office equipment, and low standby energy use.

if i ever buy pedals, you better believe they have that logo on them.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Quote by psychokiller99
nope. sometimes my pedals are on all day and I don't realize it. I used to feel bad about it, until I started buying pedals with the Energy Star logo on them.

Through its partnerships with more than 15,000 private and public sector organizations, ENERGY STAR delivers the technical information and tools that organizations and consumers need to choose energy-efficient solutions and best management practices. ENERGY STAR has successfully delivered energy and cost savings across the country, saving businesses, organizations, and consumers about $19 billion in 2008 alone. Over the past decade, ENERGY STAR has been a driving force behind the more widespread use of such technological innovations as efficient fluorescent lighting, power management systems for office equipment, and low standby energy use.

if i ever buy pedals, you better believe they have that logo on them.

work for energy star?
Thanks guys! Ya someone told me batts do less in altering your tone. Probably nonsense!
Blackstar ID:15TVP
2001 MIA Strat (SD '59/Stock/CustomCustom)
Early 80s Fernandes The Revival '57
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
It should be fine as long as your surge protector actually work. Batteries only sound "better" (it's a matter of preference really) in dirt pedals, not in any other kind of effects.

strangly enough, i prefer the sound of adaptors in drive pedals, and prefer batteries in my vibe pedal and wah pedal. and of course battery in fuzz.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
leaving adapters plugged in has no consequences.

Batteries do not provide better/worse tone, but they generally cause less noise. If you're using a power conditioner feeding adapters (or perhaps a power brick with isolated outputs), you're unlikely to notice a difference.
Quote by GrisKy
leaving adapters plugged in has no consequences.

Batteries do not provide better/worse tone, but they generally cause less noise. If you're using a power conditioner feeding adapters (or perhaps a power brick with isolated outputs), you're unlikely to notice a difference.

+1

The only advantage to using batteries that I can see is that you eliminate any noise that maybe introduced by your power supply. That being said...I used to have a HUGE pedalboard, and I used a one spot daisy chain on all of it and never had any problems with noise. Leaving the adapters plugged in won't do any damage...especially if you have a surge protector and/or power conditioner powering them.
Quote by BaffAttack
Generally, when running off batteries, when cables are in, it drains the battery. At least, that's been my experience.

Running fuzz off of a battery changes the tone for better, the most pupular being a zinc/zinc chloride battery.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Quote by eyebanez333
+1

The only advantage to using batteries that I can see is that you eliminate any noise that maybe introduced by your power supply. That being said...I used to have a HUGE pedalboard, and I used a one spot daisy chain on all of it and never had any problems with noise. Leaving the adapters plugged in won't do any damage...especially if you have a surge protector and/or power conditioner powering them.

+1 to this and consequently +2 to Grisky.

The only noise issues I have with my 1spot are from the Muff... But I think muffs are just untameable beasts.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
+1 to this and consequently +2 to Grisky.

The only noise issues I have with my 1spot are from the Muff... But I think muffs are just untameable beasts.

+3

And I don't have any issues with my Muff on my OneSpot it sits there between a Wah and a Delay pedal.