i just recently put ernie ball power slinkys 11's on my gibson baldwin sig series Les Paul and i feel they sound really good but a little harder to play and fret on and my action seems really high on the higher frets compared to my friends guitars. and if i drop down any lower in tuning than drop d the low e buzzes pretty bad. how could i fix this?
should i change to 9 or 10 guage strings?
So how do i lower the action on this guitar that has a stop tail piece, this is the closest pic of the guitar i could find. i tryed setting it up myself but i felt like it did nothing i need some advice.
Attachments:
41fFReXitQL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
how is the action at the first fret? u may need a new nut. iv gone from .09 to .12 gauges without changing the action at all. also, look down the neck from the nut and make sure its straight from the nut to the bridge.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
If you use strings of a higher gauge it can mess up the action and possibly the neck. I'd advise using 10's, but the buzzing seems wierd.
first fret i have to press down pretty hard to make it not buzz and the neck seems pretty straight to me idk
sorry, i meant how high is the action compared the higher frets. and pretty straight vs straight can be a big difference and may be ur problem. if u have a millimeter ruler, measure ur 1st, 12th, and last fret, and report back.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
Can you please take a picture of what your working with?

It's either your truss rod needs adjusting

You need to raise the bridge some on the buzzing side

Or you have a high fret

to check for high frets, simply craft some poster board rulers
that fit every 3 frets, all together should have 5 pieces
this will allow you to sea-saw any high frets.
Ibanez AEL10E BLK- W/ Graph Tech Nut, Saddle and Pins
Duncan Woody XL Pickup w/ stock fishman EQ

Schecter C1+ Darksunburst w/ SH-4 (N) & SH-6 (B) 24.75"
Gain boost Switch
11-14-21w-38w-49w-60w D'Addario strings
ENGL Fireball+Savage+Vader Cab
measure from the top of the metal fret to the bottom of the string
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
i found an article on the net and i lowered the action, the action was insanely high compared to now...but thanks for your time guys