Hey all, I'm about to embark on creating an actual pedal board instead of using my POD all the time.My mom agreed to buy two pedals for me for Christmas so that helps my case a bit. I have about $430.00 (plus money I'll get for Christmas) now and I want that to go towards my rig in order of distortion-delay-modulations/etc. Right now my problem is distortion. I play prog metal(BTBAM) hard rock (Tool) and softer alt rock (Circa Survive). I'm thinking about this for my rig in the end:

Digitech Bad Monkey (Boost of course)
Digitech Hardwire TL-2 Metal (Heavier stuff)
Proco Rat 2 or MXR Distortion 3 (Circa and Tool)
Boss DD-3 (I'd much rather have digital delay)
EHX Small Stone (not at all essential now)
Boss CH1 Chorus (same as above)

How does that sound? If it helps, I'm currently playing a Valveking 112 (which I don't really want to get rid of). I'm mostly indecisive on the MXR Distortion or the Rat so any help there would be nice. Thanks for any advice!
Why not get a Dirty Bomb for your distortion? I like it way better than the TL-2 for heavy stuff, and it's versatile enough to get the sounds you'd want from the Rat or the MXR. Alternatively, you could stack ODs for dirt instead of getting a distortion pedal. Sounds a lot better in my opinion.
EDIT: Wow, I totally disregarded the fact that you wanted a CH-1. Don't get it, it sucks tone like crazy. For chorus, you should probably get an EHX Small Clone for the same price.
Quote by Rockford_rocks
HENDRIX WAS NOT MEANT TO GO WOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLY!

Last edited by boboguitar at Dec 7, 2009,
To be honest I never even thought about the Dirty Bomb. I always saw them as expensive boutique pedal. As for the dd3 comment i don't need loop at all but any pedal recs with tap tempo that aren't a ass load of money?
Quote by KnownUnknown
To be honest I never even thought about the Dirty Bomb. I always saw them as expensive boutique pedal. As for the dd3 comment i don't need loop at all but any pedal recs with tap tempo that aren't a ass load of money?

Dirty Bombs are only $100 new, not expensive at all. Also, Line 6 Echo Park has tap tempo, and it's $150.
Quote by Rockford_rocks
HENDRIX WAS NOT MEANT TO GO WOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLY!

For Delay, nothing beats a Line 6 DL-4 IMO. 3 presets plus many different delay types makes it worth the extra $100+. Then again, I'm one of those guys who uses delay for everything.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp