Hey i was thinking about selling my Traynor YCV50 and buying a vox ac30 off ebay. I have played ac30's before and that is just about THE clean tone i want. The thing is i heard that they poop out after a while.

I have heard mixed reviews, some say it broke down very early and others say they've had it for a long time and nothing has broken. Would you say chances are i would be alright if i bought one off ebay?

Also if anyone has had any experience with the ac30's please chime in. Thanks
Epiphone LP Cust. w/ SD '59 neck and Cust. 5 bridge
Fender MIA Stratocaster
Traynor YCV50
Vox AD30VT
Dunlop SW-95 Wah
ElectroHarmonix Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
ElectroHarmonix Small Clone
We roll tonight, To the guitar bite
which one are you buying?

if you've seen me around here you'll have seen me spouting off about my AC30h2l. i stand by the handwired ac30s through and through. if you are planning on getting a custom classic i would advise you to save up and get the handwired instead. the custom classic's reliability is horrible, the handwired reliability however is absolutely bullet proof. it also sounds better.

BUY:

DON'T BUY:
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Dec 7, 2009,
yeah i was thinking about buying the custom classic, i dont know if i would have enough pennies to buy a handwired one, unless they are too much more expensive? What about is the price difference in the used market. i see custom classics running from anywhere from 600-950 USD
Fender MIA Stratocaster
Traynor YCV50
Vox AD30VT
Dunlop SW-95 Wah
Quote by Chuckleberry
yeah i was thinking about buying the custom classic, i dont know if i would have enough pennies to buy a handwired one, unless they are too much more expensive? What about is the price difference in the used market. i see custom classics running from anywhere from 600-950 USD

mine was $2800 brand new. but it's a very limited model. the white one should go for like $1600 used and it should hold its value pretty solidly at that point.
that looks pretty steep. Lets say that i slowly work my way up to the handwired version... say i sell my traynor and buy the ac30 this summer and then sell my ac30 and buy the handwired one whenever i have to bucks. Or does that just sound like a bad idea to get the ac30 custom classic in the first place?
Fender MIA Stratocaster
Traynor YCV50
Vox AD30VT
Dunlop SW-95 Wah
The new CCs are perfectly reliable. The early ones were not made well. If you're buying on ebay just make sure it's got an 09 or 08 serial number.

Another option, if you're patient, is to order a Valvetech Hayseed (valvetechamps.com) which are handmade to order and very, very competitively priced. The wait time is a month or two I think. It used to be 6
awesome thanks for the help guys. really helps me out. later
Fender MIA Stratocaster
Traynor YCV50
Vox AD30VT
Dunlop SW-95 Wah
oh... erummm... oh OH OOOOHHHHH...

I have AC30 G!A!S!

...thanks for the pron.