So my Les Paul has had a few too many paint dings and scratches and it came with finish imperfections from the factory (Got it for reduced Price because of that) and I think it's time to refinish it. It has a flamed maple top and I had the idea, why not make it a pink burst with transparent pink as the main color and black around the edges? I tried to find pictures of what said guitar would look like but I can't find any. Can anyone link me to a picture of a similar looking guitar to this? Also, what specific color and style of paint would you recommend for the pink?
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
Hmm... seems the thread has been taken over by a swimming pool filled with sperm.

Quote by iantheman
Whenever I run out of tissues, I get worried that I'll be caught hopping through the hallway with my pants around my knees, a dying erection, and a fist full of semen.
gibson or epiphone has a "twisted sister" guitar thats a pink burst, check their sites. its a les paul also

edit: here http://www.epiphone.com/news.asp?NewsID=207 just add your black to the edges
Quote by gatechballer
SoLgEr is the ****ing man!!!!!
Last edited by SoLgEr at Dec 7, 2009,
^thats a solid pink burst, though..

I dunno if you'd be able get a hold of pink dye that'd work properly.. or, I haven't seen any, anyway.

you might be able to get a pink-ish colour with super diluted red dyes, but it probably won't be what you're hoping for
Thats lovely =] I think your better out making the pink rather than getting one since it would be a bit of hard thing to do... But dangi love pink! So heck with it, do it as long as it ends pink.
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
Quote by james4
^thats a solid pink burst, though..

I dunno if you'd be able get a hold of pink dye that'd work properly.. or, I haven't seen any, anyway.

you might be able to get a pink-ish colour with super diluted red dyes, but it probably won't be what you're hoping for

i know i just thought it'd be a good starting point, and he can just add black to the edges like he said he wanted
Quote by gatechballer
SoLgEr is the ****ing man!!!!!
It would look awesome if you could keep it transparent and allow the grain to show through, and possibly if you did a kind of pink-maroon-black burst.... that would be sick
Originally Posted by StewieSwan
schtick_bomb is actually a Tare. An evil race of aliens from the planet Nibiru who have come to fight the power of Jesus Christ.

whether this will work well or not i do not know, but pink aniline dye here:

http://www.mutualhardware.com/Paint,-Scenic-Fireproofing-Materials/Paint/Aniline-Dyes
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!