I'm looking to have my guitar amp sim's have an output to a PA system.

How would I go about this, I currently already own a delta 44 box...so I was thinking maybe like this...?

first, run the guitar into my delta 44's input
http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/MAudio-Delta-44-Digital-Recording-System?sku=701346

and then set the output of the amp sim, or DAW or w/e on my computer - to the Delta's output

and then from the delta 44 out - to the PA System input?
http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Kustom-Profile-1A-Portable-PA-System?sku=476501

soo this basically? guitar>delta>software>delta>PA

would this work? I figured it'd be much more convenient than having to have both a guitar amp as well as a bass amp, when I already use amp sims quite a bit as it is.
would this work? Could I possibly replace the speakers that are included with this PA system, with a pair of passive monitor speakers later on to run the same way?

Thanks!
Last edited by Night at Dec 8, 2009,
Im sure theres some way to do it. Im not too sure about this "amp sim" you are referring to, never heard of one. I think if you did this it would do one of the following:
1. Because you would have so many cables running through this system/network, you will gain a bunch of unwanted noise.
2. You will blow out either "amp sim", the delta 44 or PA.
*If the impedance of the amp is less than that of the speaker you are driving, you will blow out the speaker.

I recommend investing in a solid all tube 2x12. This way you will get AWESOME tone with out having to mess with all the cables and whatnot.

Ibanez Artcore -> my baby
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone SG
VOX AD100VTH
Digitech RP500 Effects Processor
Crybaby Classic Wah
Boss Flanger
Boss Chromatic Tuner
Boss 2 way Channel Switch
Quote by CRplaysguitar
Im sure theres some way to do it. Im not too sure about this "amp sim" you are referring to, never heard of one. I think if you did this it would do one of the following:
1. Because you would have so many cables running through this system/network, you will gain a bunch of unwanted noise.
2. You will blow out either "amp sim", the delta 44 or PA.
*If the impedance of the amp is less than that of the speaker you are driving, you will blow out the speaker.

I recommend investing in a solid all tube 2x12. This way you will get AWESOME tone with out having to mess with all the cables and whatnot.

aaah k when I say amp sim (short for simulator) I'm speaking of software based amp modelers like Revalver MK III, or amplitube , etc

but the biggest thing is so that I can use both a bass or guitar lined into it, using said sims to provide what tone and whatnot, and output into the PA. Along with MIDI piano or what have you. it would simply give me a sound source other than my computer monitors in REAL TIME. I never can seem to route my guitar into the delta 44, and then output the line in guitar signal to my computer's sound speaker system, which is why I was thinking of doing the PA system as I've had very good luck running the output of the delta, into my practice amp - and it acts as my external speaker. and jus tdaisy chain speakers to the amp, but the problem is I don't care to have my bass guitar running through a practice guitar amp. Whcih was why I was thinking of the pA system, and then later replace the speakers with monitors.
Well if you have had no trouble in the past, I don't see any problem plugging in to your PA. Just do it at your own risk.

Ibanez Artcore -> my baby
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone SG
VOX AD100VTH
Digitech RP500 Effects Processor
Crybaby Classic Wah
Boss Flanger
Boss Chromatic Tuner
Boss 2 way Channel Switch
Quote by CRplaysguitar
Well if you have had no trouble in the past, I don't see any problem plugging in to your PA. Just do it at your own risk.

Its very unlikely it'll do any damage. Most amp sims on computers put out a signal at line level, so its not going to damage the PA, and there's not really any way it could damage the interface either, its doing what its built for.