so iv been writing for a few months now and been playing bass for almost 2 years. when im with people i dont really have a problem putting music together but when im at home trying to put somethign to my lyrics i wrote i have the hardest time ever!

in my head when im writing the song i can hear the bass, guitar, drums, w/e, but when i actually try i just draw blanks. could any1 give me some kind of advice as to how i can get the music in my head and get it to my bass? ty
There is a saying in poetry, "show me, don't tell me." here you are announcing everything, like an announcer to a sporting event. "Dave has the ball. Dave passes the ball. Dave picks his ass."

~Zanascross

XD epic win
When I originally started writing music I would simply 'hum' the song outloud and then record it - I would play it in a loop and then learn the notes on my guitar (or bass) and wouldn't stop until I got the riff I was humming down.

After a while I could just think and play what I was thinking (granted nothing ridiculous).

Dunno if that's at all helpful but keep at it.
I have this problem too. I've had some success with writing bass lines, then putting lyrics to them, by humming along to the bass line, then words eventually come to me.
Quote by JagerSlushy

Black people play bass.
Quote by isabiggles
Nevermind, that's a stupid pun for Australian pyromaniacs.
Just forget I said anything.

Quote by mac_attack
THE PURE SEXUAL THRILL!!!!
And stuff...

^^^
On playing bass.
Gear:
ESP B-206SM
Behringer BRX1800H
Acoustic B115
Asher Custom 2x10
Work on ear training, whether by doing what That_Dude suggested, or by learning traditionally. Taking a music theory course, if it's possible for you, would be recommended. Working on transcribing by ear helps a bunch.
thx guys. and i wish i could take a theory class, but im already doing something else <_< damn welding lol
There is a saying in poetry, "show me, don't tell me." here you are announcing everything, like an announcer to a sporting event. "Dave has the ball. Dave passes the ball. Dave picks his ass."

~Zanascross

XD epic win