so while im playing with my gibson V the signal cuts out and gets really weak to the point that you can hear the faint sound of the guitar through the amp. i was thinking loose wire on the jack because when i messed with the cable in the jack it'd cut in and out. took the pick cover off to my surprise all connections seem solid. so now im thinking volume pot(s) could be shot? i don't know what could be wrong. never had to deal with this before. any tips would be helpful.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?
try fiddling with the knobs and see if the signal cuts more or less. also do this with the end of the cord plugged into the guitar. it could something as simple as the output jack isnt grasping the plug as much as it should be. have u tried different cables and plugging directly into the amp.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Quote by Deadlock Riff
Is this re-occuring or has it stayed that way since the first incident?

it happened once before but it didnt last this long. now if i get the signal to come back, it cuts out again really quick.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?
Quote by Crohny
it happened once before but it didnt last this long. now if i get the signal to come back, it cuts out again really quick.

i had this problem before. but it was my killswitch. do you dance around while playing at all?

It could be a wire crossing with the ground wire thus sending copius amounts of the signal to the ground instead of the amp.
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Quote by xxunder-takerxx
try fiddling with the knobs and see if the signal cuts more or less. also do this with the end of the cord plugged into the guitar. it could something as simple as the output jack isnt grasping the plug as much as it should be. have u tried different cables and plugging directly into the amp.

when i had the pick guard off i put 2 different cables into it and they both seated fine. only thign that really sucks is i had to remove the strings to take the damn pick guard off and kinked a few in my angry rush to figure out wat is going on haha. so now im stringless. i did bend the input jack a bit before i checked the cables though. ill pop a string on and see what happens. i'm thinking im going to replace everything this pay check though so i dont run into this again any time soon.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Quote by Deadlock Riff
i had this problem before. but it was my killswitch. do you dance around while playing at all?

It could be a wire crossing with the ground wire thus sending copius amounts of the signal to the ground instead of the amp.

when im practicing im sitting down to play so no dancing haha.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Quote by Crohny

lol ok so that cancels out pots breaking part internally. lol i have a many of that issue.

too much dancing
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Quote by Deadlock Riff
lol ok so that cancels out pots breaking part internally. lol i have a many of that issue.

too much dancing

true. i just put an old string on just to test it out and it seems good now. think the jack plate (don't know what the **** you call it) was just bent back too much. thats the only thing i can come up with. gonna be really annoyed when i put a new set of strings on and then this shit acts up again haha
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Quote by Crohny

Well there's your problem. You're playing a Flying V in the seated position.

It's probably spiting you.
Quote by jean_genie
Well there's your problem. You're playing a Flying V in the seated position.

It's probably spiting you.

well when you have as bad of a knee as i do youd want to sit too.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
one of the pots or more than one are shot. so going to replace everything. sucks cause i restrung it and everything. lame,
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT